Controversial opinions on metal

One day Celesty shall be known for there outstanding discography, every album just as good as the next. One of the best power metal bands.

OK, this isn't controversial, but it is weird. Celesty began as a run-of-the-mill (yet awesome as fuck) cookie-cutter Finnish power metal band (their second album showed them developing a fetish for...stones :p). Second album has a couple great "epic" length tracks (should have just been one track though IMO) and is a bit more "progressive" overall, but the third album is just goddamn terrible aside from a few songs, "Demon Inside" being one. They just turned to shit with that album! Luckily the newest one is a grower, and quite good. Too bad about the third part of the epic, because it was a letdown imo.

How can you possibly listen to this faggot without feeling ashamed?

I don't judge music on the looks of the people who write and perform it. I prefer to judge it on the basis of me enjoying it or not.

On the subject I don't listen to a band because they are considered more true than others. I also don't dismiss a band if they reach a certain amount popularity even if everyone else talks about them being sell-outs. I don't care. If its good its good. If not its not. Simple really...

OK, this isn't controversial, but it is weird. Celesty began as a run-of-the-mill (yet awesome as fuck) cookie-cutter Finnish power metal band (their second album showed them developing a fetish for...stones :p). Second album has a couple great "epic" length tracks (should have just been one track though IMO) and is a bit more "progressive" overall, but the third album is just goddamn terrible aside from a few songs, "Demon Inside" being one. They just turned to shit with that album! Luckily the newest one is a grower, and quite good. Too bad about the third part of the epic, because it was a letdown imo.

What is it about Mortal Mind Creations you don't like? It is my least favourite of them all, although I still believe it is a very good album, different, but good nonetheless. Legacy of Hate Part 3, again, very different, but I believe its one of the best songs on Vendetta. IMO their best album is Legacy of Hate, there is not one part of that album I dislike in any way. They are also a very good live band, even though they had a shitty arena.

I'd love to see them live :) MMC just feels flat, I dislike the new style the vocalist used (for the most part) on it and it was like they turned their back on playing great flowery power metal and became "traditional" influenced metal that was just vanilla.

I see what you mean, I believe they pull it off rather well. I prefer Antti's vocals compared to the new vocalist though, especially on Legacy of Hate. Unfortunately they didn't play anything from their first two albums live!