Controversial opinions on metal

Velo: recall when you were one of the people from that crowd.

Anyhow, I once went to a Behemoth concert in Tel-Aviv, had to sit through a whole slew of local acts, and never got to see them live; the last bus to Ashdod was leaving. :erk:

Behemoth slays me another asshole and is one of todays greatest live metal bands.
Portal no one cares about.
Metalcore and Deathcore are descent forms of music with overpopulated amounts of bad bands.
Cannibal Corpse is an awsome mainstream death metal band.
Cynic is unique and talented.

:kickass:

oh here's some more for you ;)

Katatonia post-BMD sucks.
Vital Remains, Six Feet Under, Hate Eternal, Nile, and Krisiun are the worst of the worst as far as "popular" death metal goes.

What Darkbliss? When was I a part of that crowd? Maybe you're confusing me for a 17 year old goth kid.
I don't know how old you are, but you probably were also a fan of the band before denouncing them for appealing to a certain crowd. I never understood this mentality-to completely disassociate yourself from a nameless, faceless group of people with certain mythical derogatory traits. For what purpose?

oh here's some more for you ;)

Katatonia post-BMD sucks.
Vital Remains, Six Feet Under, Hate Eternal, Nile, and Krisiun are the worst of the worst as far as "popular" death metal goes.

So youre more of a black metal fan or what? :lol:

I wouldn't say that Behemoth sucks, but I wouldn't argue against someone who said they were boring because I can see where someone could feel that way about them (seems that every song begins with riff/whammy harmonic/vocals :lol: :kickass:). Satanica, Zos Kia Cultus, and Thelema.6 are all good. Thier last two weren't too bad. There is better Black/Death out there, but there is also worse.
Cannibal Corpse is fun to listen to every once and a while.

I actually compiled a list of gateway death metal albums. Disregard the fact that some of them aren't troo, or not strictly DM, or whatever.

Here goes:
Behemoth-Zos Kia Cultus
Death-Symbolic
Carcass-Necroticism
Carcass-Heartwork
Hypocrisy-Abducted.

Any good?

Swansong would be a better gateway album IMO. It sucks compared to the others, but it would be easier to get into.

I don't know how old you are, but you probably were also a fan of the band before denouncing them for appealing to a certain crowd. I never understood this mentality-to completely disassociate yourself from a nameless, faceless group of people with certain mythical derogatory traits. For what purpose?

I'm 28 years old. I was never part of that crowd, sorry to break it to you. I got into death metal through actual GOOD death metal like Morbid Angel, Malevolent Creation, Dismember, Entombed, Death, etc..

Here goes:
Behemoth-Zos Kia Cultus
Death-Symbolic
Carcass-Necroticism
Carcass-Heartwork
Hypocrisy-Abducted.

Any good?

All I see is good, so yeah fucking great.

Nope. Death metal makes up the majority of what I listen to. Just not shitty death metal like I mentioned ;)

Well, each and every one to their own taste, but you have to admit that some of the bands you listed got some good shit as well...

Controversial re: Behemoth, the newest one is FAR better than the two before it. Pretty much on the level of ZKC (maybe even technically better; less filler and random crap).

Controversial re: Behemoth, the newest one is FAR better than the two before it. Pretty much on the level of ZKC (maybe even technically better; less filler and random crap).

Agree on this, even though I like every album in their discography to some point.
When Nuclear Blast signed them "certain people" made up their mind that the album was fucking shit even before its release. Behemoth could be fucking sell outs and jump the shark, but they made one of their most aggressive and best albums in their discography. All hails to Behemoth for staying true to their fans :worship:

I'm 28 years old. I was never part of that crowd, sorry to break it to you. I got into death metal through actual GOOD death metal like Morbid Angel, Malevolent Creation, Dismember, Entombed, Death, etc..
Yea, I've now seen your account on RYM. Well, you can't be one of those evil nerds that inhabit a certain cyberspace elsewhere, run by a guy from Texas.
And good for you then;that's pretty much why you dislike it , I think; they never meant much to you. For me, an album like ZKC is a gateway record, with everything that this term entails.