Controversial opinions on metal

Killers is better than anything from Judas Priest.

MOAR LIEK FILLERS, AMIRITE?!

first 3 maiden albums are better than any priest post-70s to be fair. nowhere near the likes of sad wings or stained class of course...

Screaming for Vengeance destroys NOTB

First TWO Maiden albums are, soundwise, excellent but songwriting-wise sometimes rather dull whereas there is some post-70s Priest that kicks absolute ass, so I'm not inclined to agree.

Yeah, except Killers is a pile of boredom save 4 songs

hahahaha fillers

Manbient: that counts but is asinine. Your "controversial opinion" includes an unfounded hypothesis. Also Mudvayne's The End of All Things to Come is pretty damn good. That's where I stop.

It's not unfounded, you penis. I just didn't feel like writing a paper. I have seen many times, at least in the past, this "turnaround" of people who got into metal through bands like korn or slipknot or whatever. I don't really care enough to prove that to you, but it's controversial enough that you don't believe me at least :p

Haven't heard it. lewl. The only Mudvayne i ever heard was L.D. 50, which i thought was pretty good.

The albums i liked were things probably on the more melodic end like Sevendust. I thought Puya and Haji's Kitchen were cool too, never had a big problem with Staind... I could go on. I just don't think it's all that bad. When Nevermore's DHIADW came out, i told a bunch of people i thought some of the riffs had a nu-ey vibe to them and people shit on me and told me i was handicapped. I think it had more to do with the fact they thought of it as an insult because it was this ingrained thing to hate the EVIL NU METAL.

Nu-metal was my stepping stone and I'm not ashamed to admit it, and even I can enjoy some neanderthal headbanging to Coal Chamber from time to time (even though their Peter Gabriel cover was the best thing they have ever done and Dez Fafara annoys me).

>IMPLYING THAT ANY MAIDEN MATERIAL IS BETTER THAN PRIEST

1259076641608.png

>implying that >implying is better in caps
>implying that making the text in green makes it any better
>implying reaction.jpg isn't gay on this forum when you imply.

I think I would've liked every metal record ever recorded had I been able to get the hang of its flow. I don't really need mindblowing riffs to enjoy an album, just a good sense of flow, something I can follow through without hindrance. In fact, an album that's just riffs for riffs' sake won't wow me in any way. A shame that many hyper-technical metal bands are just too befuddling for my relatively poor span.

At truck stops I don't think I ever heard any metal outside of Metallica or god forbid, ACDC. Was always country.
Jocks do seem to like Disturbed, Godsmack, etc.

Edit: @ Dbliss: I think most people don't like the jerk-stop-start-change direction type of music found in some tech death. But I don't understand it being singled out for hate, as opposed to something like chugchugchugchug IHATEMYPARENTS chugchugchug.

Edit: @ Dbliss: I think most people don't like the jerk-stop-start-change direction type of music found in some tech death.
Interestingly, this can work both ways. I've asked several people on the net with poor attention spans, and some of them replied that they like ultra-technical stuff better because they need to be constantly entertained for the music to keep their attention which why they dislike most droning metal, that is often too drawn-out and tedious for them to enjoy.
I prefer the more droning type, in general(unless it's too deliberately sluggish or overly dense), in addition to those metal bands whose sound has overt rock n'rollish tendencies. Of course droning metal with quality riffs is an all-out-win in my book.