Controversial opinions on metal

Megadeth never wrote an album of consistent excellence

Megadeth-RustInPeace.jpg

RIP CTE and Youth are stellar releases, while Cryptic Writings is where they started going downhill. They have good songs on every release since Youth, with TSHF and Endgame being the best they did since Youth.

Peace Sells is decent as it hasn't quite hit me yet with that album. I don't like the first album because it's too 'raw', I guess? SFSGSW has some decent tracks on it, but I should probably give it another listen soon.

How is Megadeth vs Metallica even a debate? Mustaine>Hetfield; Menza or Samuelson>Ulrich; Ellefson>Newstead; Friedman, Poland, Pitrelli>Hammett. The only thing Metallica has on Megadeth is Cliff Burton. Metallica's first 4 are classics, indeed, but are really their only good albums. Megadeth has released a far greater amount of quality music since the '90's, while Metallica has just been phoning it in for the last 20 years.

I'm so fucking tired of reading about Dave Mustaine each time I go on Blabbermouth. It's Dave here, Dave there, Dave found a kernel of corn in one of his logs (slightly more solid than yesterday, by the way), Dave saw some geese trying to cross the road and felt sentimental, but remembered the br00tal asswhoppin' Metallica gave him 25+ years ago and got all gloomy again.

Fuck that shit.

The way WAIF feels about Megadeth, I feel that way about Metallica. I only like 2 of their albums (KeA and RtL) and the rest of it is just horrible garbage.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yea, I know difference of opinion and all, but you feel the same way about Dimmu Borgir as well.
I guess Metallica sold out with Master of Puppets.:zombie:
You know, due to big sales and the album's immense popularity. :erk:

Nothing Megadeth's made has that feeling of Metallica's 80s albums, Megadeth feels so Mickey Mousey compared to that. As Metallica was more sinister, more melancholic and more progressive, it feels like Megadeth's just been preparing for the release of Guitar Hero all along. Sum sumarum; I think that Megadeth is only better than Metallica at first glance, before you've delved beyond flashy technical guitar riffs and started looking at the actual songs.

IMO

Metallica's material is far more evocative, but that's probably due to also being associated with memories for many people,since they, in one way or another had been introduced to metal through the band's music.

Metallica > Megadeth

First four Metallica albums are pure gold, they go steadily downhill starting with the Black Album imo. Megadeth have some decent tracks but lack the depth of Metallica's early stuff, although I do love their first 2 albums a lot.

However, both bands are seriously overrated, lots of much better thrash out there.

It's also funny that I dont see the word "megadeth" anywhere on the album.

It's funny because he's actually credited for the songs on that album and he's said that his first album contained the exact same riffs that were on KEA.

Point: Metallica was stupid for giving up Mustaine.

Not at all. KEA is a good album, but RtL and Puppets are both much better albums. Also, Mustaine is a fucking douchebag and I wouldn't have wanted to hang with him either, which was the reason they got rid of him. Also, the Mechanix is a shitty song; the Four Horsemen is much better.