Controversial opinions on metal

Damage Inc has always sounded fillery to me, even when I listened to Master of Puppets all day every day as a metal fetus. The eight minute songs are absolute classics, but it's still not a perfectly consistent masterpiece.

EDIT: IRT Thoth.

I thought the same of Damage Inc for a long time. But honestly it's grown on me. Love the whole album. Every note.
But honestly its one of those albums I've heard 4590275023520398 times so I only break it out on very rare occasions.

It goes like this

Metallica's first 4 albums > Almost anything Megadeth
Rust in Peace > Metallica

I love Megadeth but Rust in Peace is one of the only albums I still listen to. Peace sells is overrated.

While I can still listen to MOP, AJFA, KEA And RTL for the most part.

METALLICA -
Kill Em All - 8/10
Lightning - 8.5/10
Puppets - 10/10
Justice - 9/10
Black - 6/10
load - 3/10
reload - 2/10
Stanger - 1/10
Magnetic - 7/10(One of the coolest comebacks ever) Nothing AMAZING but the rawness and punk feel rules, the only problem with this album is some choice of riffs and vocals.

MEGADETH -
Killing... - 6/10
Peace Sells - 9/10
SFSGSW - 6/10
RUST - 10/10
Countdown - 9/10
Youth - 5/10
CWritings - 6/10
Risk - never heard it
World needs a hero - never heard it
System - 7/10
United - 4/10
Endgame - 6/10

Overall Megadeth has made more mediocre albums.

METALLICA -
Kill Em All - 8/10
Lightning - 8.5/10
Puppets - 10/10
Justice - 9/10
Black - 6/10
load - 3/10
reload - 2/10
Stanger - 1/10
Magnetic - 7/10(One of the coolest comebacks ever) Nothing AMAZING but the rawness and punk feel rules, the only problem with this album is some choice of riffs and vocals.

I think my friends generally feel like this.

But the flow on MOP is intterrupted by rather jarring transitions, imo. And I really don't like Disposable Heroes at all.
AJFa is genius though, but it's too long.

Yea, I dunno. It just sounds overproduced and overwrought.Middle section is killer. I always listen to MOP on high volume(the only conceivable way for me to enjoy this album), and when Disposable Heroes comes on, it smashes my brain into pieces, not in a particularly pleasant way either. It was mixed too high, I think.

The person who rated St Anger as a 4/10 really did understand the topic. While everything is individual opinion I always regarded St Anger as the album everyone thought sucked beyond individual opinion. I would give it a 1/10 or something :p

Death Magnetic could have been pretty good but to me they didnt spend nearly enough time to make the riffs flow well into eachother. And then of course you cant listen to the original version since this was, hopefully, the peak of the loudness wars. It quite frankly sounds bad regardless of the riffs being played.

I'm going to stay out of the Megadeth/Metallica argument i've done it so many times over the years lol. but yes, Death Magnetic is awful. Endgame was a much better offering than that.

As I remember (I think Ozz) pointing out, if you judge Load and Reload by rock (which is what they are) standards instead of metal standards, they should score quite high.

Endgame would have been better than DM, but as with all Megadeth albums, Mustaine's voice ruins it.

I think Hetfield's screams are far more effective and mesh better with the music, especially on And Justice For All.They mirror the drumming/rhythm almost perfectly. Listen to Eye of the Beholder, for instance. Do you hear him stretching the syllables whence Lars' double bass undescores him? Isn't this just magical? God, I love stuff like this.