Controversial opinions on metal

James voice hasn't been good in a long time. It used to be one of my favorites in thrash, now it's :/

Well it takes a lot of energy (or youth) to maintain the style his early style. His style for Load/Reload is fine for rock, but he obviously just can't turn it back up to what is needed for thrash.

I think Hetfield's screams are far more effective and mesh better with the music, especially on And Justice For All.They mirror the drumming/rhythm almost perfectly. Listen to Eye of the Beholder, for instance. Do you hear him stretching the syllables whence Lars' double bass undescores him? Isn't this just magical? God, I love stuff like this.

That's just good phrasing, which isn't necessarily a musical skill like vocalising/singing. Barrack Obama uses excellent phrasing when he gives speeches, for example, though I would never audition him for a band.

Master of Puppets may be more "solid" or "mature" overall than RTL, but it doesn't have nearly the collection of unforgettable classic songs that RTL has imo.

That's just good phrasing, which isn't necessarily a musical skill like vocalising/singing. Barrack Obama uses excellent phrasing when he gives speeches, for example, though I would never audition him for a band.
Good phrasing and nothing but.You're totally right.
I love rhythm-echoing vocals more than anything, though.
All my favorite artists use them in abundance.

I dislike his style from the s/t and on since it feels like he started going for more epicness and absolutely no aggression, but I would agree there's still plenty of talent there.

Hetfield's voice sounds like it has absolutely no strain to it anymore; it sounds like it's effortless for him to sing. So I think his voice is good, but lacks the aggression (as said above) and intensity that it used to.