Controversial opinions on metal

I've been waiting so long to hear someone say this.

Also, every guitarist Megadeth have had is better than Kirk Hammett. Dunno how controversial that is.

I think most people can recognize that Kerry King isnt anything special at all. As a guitarist he can do the thrash riffing but what else? And Im no big fan of Slayer either so I dont really appreciate his songwriting that much.

And yeah all Megadeth guitar players have probably been better than Kirk. Kirk is way overrated and over all just really sloppy. Hetfield does deserve alot of the credit he gets for being a songwriter and at least used to be a good rythm guitarist. Kirk really is nothing special. His main thing is probably creating slower melodic style solos.

Killing is My Business is really damn good, plus I dig the production a lot, but at times it's a bit too excessive in its guitar pyrotecnics. I don't mind Mustaine at all, but Hetfield is more expressive.

Also, I don't really like Kreator. Hyperspeed thrash is good when interspersed with more contemplative, doomier and somber moments. Understated harmony, groove. Gimme anything,anything at all to grab on to, just not this Speedy Gonzales stuff. Full speed ahead has never been my cup of tea.

Pleasure to Kill > Reign in Blood
Nah. PtK is darker and possibly more aggressive, but it's really really clunky. The songwriting is amateurish. It's a great album, but Reign In Blood is just insanely tight, stripped down, perfect thrash.

Also, DarkBliss: have you heard Extreme Aggression? Plenty of understated harmony, mixed tempos, etc on that album. Definitely their best. Check out Betrayer.

If you do not like this song, I do not like you. In fact I hate you. Jerk.

cry more. Reign in Blood sucks.

Did people somehow forget what a troll is?

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect thrash? Reign in Blood? hahaha. Did you just discover thrash last week?

and no I'm not a troll. I'm just not a sheep that follows the fucking horrible Slayer pack. They stopped being good when RiB came out. Sorry to shatter your illusions, but I'm guessing you probably like Behemoth and/or Lamb of God too.

Ohiogrinder sounds like a good dude with his own opinions. That's cool. I hate sheep.

I don't really care much either way for Napalm Death really. Prefer Brutal Truth or Phobia for old school grind.