Controversial opinions on metal

Reign in Blood is one of the greatest thrash albums???

It isn't even Slayer's best. Or their second best.

Obviously. But as I said, there's too many dumb sheep metal fans that think Slayer is the pinnacle of thrash.

Nevermind the fact that things like Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death shit all over Slayer.

I find it funny that someone comes in with opinions that aren't held by the sheep masses and I'm labeled a troll. Maybe you guys should try expanding your thrash knowledge instead of sticking to Slayer.

Thrash bores me for the most part... Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Coroner, Morbid Saint, Demolition Hammer, and Dark Angel are pretty much the only bands I like.

I've tried to listen to the other "classics" but I'm just not interested in them at all.

I guess it's impossible listening to Slayer and also Obscure Thrash Metal at the sametime!

I find it funny that someone comes in with opinions that aren't held by the sheep masses and I'm labeled a troll. Maybe you guys should try expanding your thrash knowledge instead of sticking to Slayer.

You seem like a one of a kind guy with a mind of his own. Now see, that's what people hate. Just be the guy you think everyone else wants you to be.

200px-Peter_Griffin.png

I also don't like RiB to be honest. Or rather I find a bit annoying, and I'm not a fan of Araya's vocals. So what if it's ultra fast and heavier than most death metal? Angel of Death and Postmortem are good songs though. Doomy breaks ftw.

Nah. It's just ridiculous to claim Slayer has 2 of the top 10 thrash metal albums ever if you've actually checked out more than the obvious thrash bands.

So it's ok to compile a list of Thrash Metal bands/albums that would not exist if Slayer and or even Metallica did not form, but those bands can't be in the list because Thrash Metal bands they influenced are less popular and not as obvious. Interesting. I'm sure if Morbid Saint compiled a Thrash metal list they would not include Slayer on the list!.

So it's ok to compile a list of Thrash Metal bands/albums that would not exist if Slayer and or even Metallica did not form, but those bands can't be in the list because Thrash Metal bands they influenced are less popular and not as obvious. Interesting. I'm sure if Morbid Saint compiled a Thrash metal list they would not include Slayer on the list!.

Yeah sure. Maybe we could make a top 10 thrash list that is comprised of Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Testament and Anthrax. 2 albums from each. That's perfect. Why bother with anything else? This is what everybody knows as the best!!

Was it directed to me? You were the one who said that you don't like many classic thrash bands. I pretty much listen to the same acts you do save for Demolition Hammer with whom I'm not familiar yet. And Slayer.

Or maybe I was making fun of vbrad.