Controversial opinions on metal

Maybe I haven't gotten 'non-obvious' enough in my thrash explorations, but I can't think of a single non-Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer thrash album that comes close to topping what Metallica, Megadeth or Slayer did imo. Closest thing would be Death Angel, but I still consider them inferior.
I'd say Bonded by Blood comes close, but I'm not too knowledgeable about thrash

You're a faggot.

And just before I block you... ohiogrinder was a gigantic stubborn asshole of an elitist cunt troll. I enjoyed him posting infinitely more than you. Then again, maybe I'm just a noob to message boards and need to dig deeper to find the really good trolls. FUCK.

People with controversial opinions who state their opinions in a slightly more inflammatory manner than other people aren't trolls, jesus christ people.

You're a faggot.

And just before I block you... ohiogrinder was a gigantic stubborn asshole of an elitist cunt troll. I enjoyed him posting infinitely more than you. Then again, maybe I'm just a noob to message boards and need to dig deeper to find the really good trolls. FUCK.

"THIS GUY DOESN'T LIKE BLOODBATH FUCK RAAAAAAGE HE MUST BE A TROLL."

Sorry to shatter your world, but Bloodbath is really not good at all. Completely uninteresting, boring, bland death metal.

Brad's right guys, Bloodbath does fucking suck.

One good song and that's it. And I can't even fucking remember it.

Right or wrong, the last couple pages have been smeared with elitist shit. I've been listening to metal for over 20 years but I guess I'm a n00b because I like Bloodbath and Slayer and the most obscure thrash that I like is Sabbat along with the most obscure death I like being Intestine Baalism. That's fucking ridiculous. Music is meant to be enjoyed, not parlayed into a dick-measuring contest.

There's no right or wrong, Sapurmarat, and no one called anyone a noob. Just listen to what you like. For someone in his 30s(I assume) you come off as pretty immature at times, and I don't detect even a tint of sarcasm in your posts:erk:

Right or wrong, the last couple pages have been smeared with elitist shit. I've been listening to metal for over 20 years but I guess I'm a n00b because I like Bloodbath and Slayer and the most obscure thrash that I like is Sabbat along with the most obscure death I like being Intestine Baalism. That's fucking ridiculous. Music is meant to be enjoyed, not parlayed into a dick-measuring contest.

Even with all our disagreements, you are correct. Personally, I dislike roughly 90% of all the occult stuff that is promoted on this board. For me to properly enjoy a piece of music I need to understand its flow. If it doesn't flow well, in my perception, then it sucks. Even if it means that I enjoy such straightforward stuff like Nightwish. Beats all overwrought and dissonant death metal as far as I'm concerned. I don't care about the amount of riffs, leads or breakdowns, or how heavy or technical it is. In fact, I can't stand most tech metal.

Gone are the days when I had to pretend liking some overblown death metal obscurity just to prove my manliness, or whatever the fuck it is that liking these things measures.

You are all goddamn wrong!!

Bloodbath's first album RTC had a couple of good songs, otherwise very so-so

Bloodbath's second was great because it had the one and only Dan Swanö on guitar instead of drums, so we got some great Edge of Sanity-ish riffs with some great vocals from Peter Tägtgren ...personally I can listen to "Eaten" anytime because it's like cheesy but satisfying DM at its finest..kind of like watching Transformers 1...cheesy as hell but it was a very satisfying action flick (though not sure I could rewatch it)

Now their third album kind of ventures in the same area as their first, some good songs, some very meeeeh...over all so-so

Not saying Bloodbath is a great band, but they are listenable and have some good songs under their belt...if only they had kept the line-up they had in their second album they could've gone to make something truly great..