Controversial opinions on metal

I don't really care much either way for Napalm Death really. Prefer Brutal Truth or Phobia for old school grind.

The only thing wrong with Napalm Death or Brutal Truth is the political proselytizing. If you prefer Brutal Truth, that's cool, I guess, but I prefer Napalm myself. The one thing that BT has on ND is the fact that Sounds of the Animal Kingdom > Diatribes (both of which came out fairly close to each other).

grind is moronic bullshit where everyone just hits their instruments as hard as they can for 35 seconds and call it a "song"

Pretty stupid statement. The same can be said (by slightly shifting the context) of any extreme metal genre.
For example:
"Black metal is just somebody screaming like a banshee while the same dissonant chord is repeated for 15 minutes."
"Brutal death is just somebody pig-squealing over some speed picking and blast beats."

Just popped in Nebularium by Disharmonia Mundi..wow did I just hear autotune vocals?! I don't remember that from last time I heard it? This album just decreased in value

Controversial opinion: Watain, Craft, Kriegsmaschine, Merrimack, Negative Plane and Ofermod are somewhat boring in comparison to Katharsis and S.V.E.S.T.

:lol: i swear i claimed Brad was Ohiogrinder before reading this thread

You guys must live in some closed off little box world if nobody but Ohiogrinder ever told you that all this shit sucks.

It's like a parade of sheep with the same opinion as each other.

anyway, as for more controversial opinions: Bloodbath is a boring death metal band for people who recently got into the genre, Dark Angel - Darkness Descends and Demolition Hammer - Epidemic of Violence are better than anything Slayer ever did, and Cynic is (and always was) boring trash.

grind is moronic bullshit where everyone just hits their instruments as hard as they can for 35 seconds and call it a "song"
agreed

You guys must live in some closed off little box world if nobody but Ohiogrinder ever told you that all this shit sucks.

It's like a parade of sheep with the same opinion as each other.

anyway, as for more controversial opinions: Bloodbath is a boring death metal band for people who recently got into the genre, Dark Angel - Darkness Descends and Demolition Hammer - Epidemic of Violence are better than anything Slayer ever did, and Cynic is (and always was) boring trash.
This Bloodbath statement is completely not true but i will agree with you on Cynic being boring.

Perfect thrash? Reign in Blood? hahaha. Did you just discover thrash last week?

and no I'm not a troll. I'm just not a sheep that follows the fucking horrible Slayer pack. They stopped being good when RiB came out. Sorry to shatter your illusions, but I'm guessing you probably like Behemoth and/or Lamb of God too.

So liking one of the greatest thrash albums makes someone new to thrash?

Either new to thrash or haven't even delved into thrash to discover shit past the obvious. Sorry but if you honestly think Reign in Blood is a perfect thrash album you fit one of the 2 criteria above or your opinion just sucks horribly.

Bloodbath is a boring death metal band for people who recently got into the genre

So, just because you like a certain band means you recently got into that genre? Thats complete bullshit. I know people who have been listening to Death Metal for a while and still like Bloodbath, including myself. That makes no sense.

Well, I don't lik Bloodbath, but agree with MD: I don't understand people who completely denounce gateway bands as if they are something to be ashamed of due to their accessibility.
Megadeth and Metallica have millions of fans, hence they suck- that's just poor reasoning.Or at least utterly inadequate.

I think you have some kind of cognitive dissonance about the fact that people can dislike popular things for completely rational reasons.

But he was criticizing me for liking a gateway band because of their popularity.
Again, though, he's fucking trolling. Time for ignore.