Controversial opinions on metal

I expect it. They were doing metalcore before it became trendy though, so I don't know why they get as much hate as they do since the first two albums were much more to the roots of what metalcore should be (not what it has become). I can understand why people wouldn't like their current material though.

Metalcore in general blows. I don't care if someone was doing it before it was trendy, it still sounds like shit. Fuck Pantera for being such an influence on this garbage too.

Slayer is awful. Most overrated band in metal for sure. Only good albums they made were Hell Awaits, Show No Mercy, and Haunting the Chapel EP. everything else is boring as shit and Kerry King is a terrible guitarist.

Also, Saparmurat: Hetfield is just a vocalist for a thrash band. I mean, I don't expect him to break into vocal acrobatics, nor is it in any way necessary. The important thing is that his vocals fit the music.

Metallica > Slayer > Megadeth

Agreed. All good, though. Kill, Ride, amazing. Puppets has great songs but the production turns me off.

Here's an opinion that may or may not be controversial... Kill 'Em All is about a million times better for an album title than Metal Up Your Ass.

Slayer is awful. Most overrated band in metal for sure. Only good albums they made were Hell Awaits, Show No Mercy, and Haunting the Chapel EP. everything else is boring as shit and Kerry King is a terrible guitarist.

You forgot Reign in Blood bro.

And Hell Awaits is beyond pretty much every thrash album.

I'm cool with Mustaine's voice as long as he doesn't try to, for the love of his Christian God, croon. "Hardest Part..." is the only truly embarrassing part on Endgame.

Thats one of my favorites on "endgame" :)

On James voice I think its was good for what he tried to do up until Re-load. I dont know what happened then but he sounds horrible ever since. He cant do the old stuff good and he has never done the new stuff good. A shame really because his style worked quite well with what Metallica wanted to achieve I think.

Metallica > Slayer > Megadeth

Megadeth > Metallica > Slayer