Controversial opinions on metal

I'm not. I just like music where vocals are firmly ingrained in rhythm. And that's pretty much it. Which is why I think From Wisdom To Hate is better, and also, thankfully shorter, with doomier and more contemplative songs. Like The Quest for Equillibrium. Now that's a great song. Clouded is another simply gorgeous track off Obscura. Still, their works are too bass-heavy and they use too many overstated breakdowns for my taste.

You're entitled to your opinions but please word them as you did in that last post instead of "Gorguts has metalcoreish vocals etc The Chasm is wanky because I don't like the guitar tone etc"

You aren't a dumb person, so please just think about what you wish to say before saying it.

I'm just saying how you worded it in that post is so much more preferable to your other seemingly thoughtless posts.

I usually put thought into my posts, and they can be understood; I mean, why would I write something completely incoherent? But bias is sometimes blind to reason. I'll just take cookiecutter's post as an obligatory guiding point to all biased opinions.

[edit: credited to the wrong user initially]

I usually put thought into my posts, and they can be understood; I mean, why would I write something completely incoherent? But bias is sometimes blind to reason. I'll just take Malign Paradigm's post as an obligatory guiding point to all biased opinions.

You just fail to really back anything you say up, biased or not.

But all your retorts to my controversial opinions have been of the "nah nah nah nah nah" variety. What intelligent debate can be conducted around those?

"I'm right and you're wrong- fuck off already"-that's pretty much the gist of what I'm getting here.

That's only when you continually fail to see the point I and others made. I gave you a perfectly tangible reason why I don't like Dimmu Borgir yet you still gave the same "you only dislike them because they're popular" retort.

Dimmu Borgir sell more records than Necromantia ever will, because they appeal to a wider subset of metalheads-which means they're crap because only the most seasoned metal listener will know to distinguish mass-made product from a true work of art. That's
just fancy talk, to be honest.
Both are pieces of music made to be enjoyed by those into extreme metal; whatever extra value one places on either comes only from the subjective view of the listener.

Whatever, man:lol:
*Cue in generic homoerotic remark from a random poster.

Btw,DD, you're not random at all. You shall forever be remembered as the one who recommended Wildhoney to me.

Dimmu Borgir sell more records than Necromantia ever will, because they appeal to a wider subset of metalheads-which means they're crap because only the most seasoned metal listener will know to distinguish mass-made product from a true work of art. That's
just fancy talk, to be honest.
Both are pieces of music made to be enjoyed by those into extreme metal; whatever extra value one places on either comes only from the subjective view of the listener.

OK, well here's my SUBJECTIVE views on the value of both bands.

Necromantia: Good
Dimmu Borgir: Bad

Last time I checked, there are also bands I don't like that are considered more "underground" than Dimmu Borgir so your point still sucks, I'm afraid.