Controversial opinions on metal

Foof, I'm officially tired of being controversial for the moment.What impact does that even make on anyone? And I only come off as a stubborn fool in front a whole community of virtual no-names whom I'll never meet. Sometimes I wonder what good are threads of this nature.
One will say band A rocks, the other will respond: "you're a fag for liking it", the third one will butt in and dub them both fags for trying to rationalize that which cannot be rationalized-personal preferences and such.So what; what does that change in the general scheme of things? Absolutely nothing.

Rinse and repeat.Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat........

^Way to generalise.

I don't know how many people feel this way, but reissues and all the bonus tracks you get shit me off. There's normally a reason the stuff didn't make it on the original album, 95% of the time it's crap and messes up the flow of the original album. It's all about trying to convince people not to download.

I generally don't like reissues for several reasons.

Altered artwork, new/updated band photos, different track listing, "remastered" audio etc. I really don't like bonus tracks either, especially random live songs, songs from different studio recordings or eras, half-assed remixes or additional demos.

I can understand why other people may enjoy that stuff but nine times out of ten I'll take the original album over a reissue. :)

I like it when they reissue things with an EP or a demo or two attached.
Yeah, me to. Although, I find it annoying when bands put them at the beginning of an album rather then the end. Like Helloween's Walls of Jericho album.
Power Metal and Prog Metal both suck.
Most prog metal does suck. However, there are tons of awesome power metal bands.

Foof, I'm officially tired of being controversial for the moment.What impact does that even make on anyone? And I only come off as a stubborn fool in front a whole community of virtual no-names whom I'll never meet. Sometimes I wonder what good are threads of this nature.
One will say band A rocks, the other will respond: "you're a fag for liking it", the third one will butt in and dub them both fags for trying to rationalize that which cannot be rationalized-personal preferences and such.So what; what does that change in the general scheme of things? Absolutely nothing.

Rinse and repeat.Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat........

Perhaps it's all just in the effort to kill time and entertain oneself. I would imagine that there's plenty of stupid shit you do for entertainment outside of metal discussion that doesn't "change" anything "in the general scheme of things". Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

It's rarely more than a few tracks so that would be a waste of money, double cds rule, like how they did the Molested reissue. Nothing wrong with reissues, you don't have to listen ot extra tracks, and it's awesome when you get an OOP EP or Demo..would love that Watching from a Distance die hard but fuck me it goes for like 60 bucks on eBay

Perhaps it's all just in the effort to kill time and entertain oneself. I would imagine that there's plenty of stupid shit you do for entertainment outside of metal discussion that doesn't "change" anything "in the general scheme of things". Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

Of course, man. Sometimes I just enjoy the attention. As long as it entertains someone or stimulates a healthy debate, I'm all up for it. Of course, no healthy debate has commenced yet, but I honestly don't know why I was even expecting one.