Controversial opinions on metal

Nah. I think Slayer is the most overrated band in metal, would never catch me chanting for Slayer. Yeah, so Slayer had an influence on Morbid Angel, good for them? I don't need to respect or listen to or even care about a band just because they influenced something I like.

Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy are good thrash, sure, far from the best though, and I stand by my statement that only Slayer sheep believe they have 2-3 top 10 thrash albums ever.

As for "blossoming into an adult", no thanks, I don't need your approval on my posts. Glad you're concerned about it so much though!

In no particular order:

Spectrum of Death, Darkness Descends, Punishment For Decadence, KIMB (yeah I'm a Megadeth fanboy but I don't really consider Rust in Peace thrash), Extreme Hatred/Violent Intensity, Epidemic of Violence, Persecution Mania, Beneath the Remains, Dreaming With The Dead, Enjoy the Violence.

Something like that. Honorable mentions to Feel The Fire, Hell Awaits, Pleasure to Kill/Flag of Hate, Dreamweaver, and a few other things.

In no particular order:

Spectrum of Death, Darkness Descends, Punishment For Decadence, KIMB (yeah I'm a Megadeth fanboy but I don't really consider Rust in Peace thrash), Extreme Hatred/Violent Intensity, Epidemic of Violence, Persecution Mania, Beneath the Remains, Dreaming With The Dead, Enjoy the Violence.

Something like that. Honorable mentions to Feel The Fire, Hell Awaits, Pleasure to Kill/Flag of Hate, Dreamweaver, and a few other things.

:lol:
to sum it up nicely for you, it has to be obscure or it will probably sucks, right?

that's probably the gayest top 10 ever. Where's your fucking Realm, Artillery and Watchtower you fucking poser!?

Realm is pretty underground and I'm willing to bet he hasn't heard them...Artillery is sick and I agree with you, and I am just gonna throw out there that Brad probably finds Watchtower really gay.

that's probably the gayest top 10 ever. Where's your fucking Realm, Artillery and Watchtower you fucking poser!?

Do not know Realm. Don't care about Watchtower. Artillery is cool but nah, I don't like it more than the stuff I listed.

and @just metal: yes I know it's probably very hard for you to comprehend that my list doesn't consist of Metallica, Testament, and Slayer through and through. There's nothing in my list that is really obscure though, so your statement fails.

I look forward to gradually seeing you blossom into an adult on these forums as the years go by and you realize that differences in quality judgments with respect to music has minimal correlation with intelligence.

So wait, you think an intelligent person with a reasonable exposure to metal could consider Wicked Wisdom the greatest metal band ever?

Well yeah it's not that obscure and it's even quite heterosexual imo.

*high five*

EDIT: At Brad's list discussion.

I think Brad's list is fine even though he hasn't heard Endless War. I don't know if Artillery is good enough to make the top ten.

well i'm glad people approve of my list. it's not to say I don't enjoy Artillery, Holy Terror, Metallica, Sadus, Nuclear Assault, etc etc etc.. just they didn't stand out to me as the best of the best.

and I like By Inheritance more than Fear of Tomorrow. It's just so catchy and fun.

Hypnosia is better than Kreator? Yeah...

So wait, you think an intelligent person with a reasonable exposure to metal could consider Wicked Wisdom the greatest metal band ever?

Sure. Some of the most intelligent people I've ever met have awful taste in music.

Not having A Tribute to Insanity on a top ten is a crime.

I'm really not quite sure what your obsession with this album is. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great, but I never thought of it as top 10 quality. Then again I take it thrash is generally not your forte. Anyway, those first three Hexenhaus albums could really use a reissue.

Also, Realm is definitely nowhere near top 10 material.

Hexenhaus is cool and all, but yeah, I don't honestly see them as top 10 material.

and what's wrong with Hypnosia being better than Kreator? I think they're pretty close honestly, but I find the Hypnosia album to be really damn good.

Sure. Some of the most intelligent people I've ever met have awful taste in music.

Let me reword my interrogatively-veiled claim there a bit. Although I can give that an intelligent person in his right mind could possibly like Wicked Wisdom more than any other metal band, I don't think they could, in their right mind, deny that certain other metal bands are more musically talented, creative, and important in the history of music.

I'm really not quite sure what your obsession with this album is. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great, but I never thought of it as top 10 quality. Then again I take it thrash is generally not your forte. Anyway, those first three Hexenhaus albums could really use a reissue.

I guess it's the atmosphere? No, thrash is not my forte (not my favorite genre), but the sound from this album is pretty unique, at least compared to all the other thrash I have listened to.
The vocals fit perfectly, something that many thrash bands seem to have a problem with imo (Slayer included).

The vocals fit perfectly, something that many thrash bands seem to have a problem with imo (Slayer included).

I agree with that 100%. One major problem with thrash is vocalists, which is why I kind of prefer the more growl-y vocals to the clean ones (as witnessed by my list).