Controversial opinions on metal

This dude is obviously super tough and only can take death growls and obviously has no interest in any good screeching vocals so I really have nothing to say to him, his taste is really gay and I really hate these rage death metal dudes...i just wish people who had an ego at least had good taste :(

This dude is obviously super tough and only can take death growls and obviously has no interest in any good screeching vocals so I really have nothing to say to him, his taste is really gay and I really hate these rage death metal dudes...i just wish people who had an ego at least had good taste :(

Yeah clearly this is the case. You must've missed my comment about liking Metal Church.

RIB was groundbreakingly boring. Most of the album sounded exactly the same. At least their work before that was good.

It's supposed to be fast, straight-forward, and to the point. The album doesn't fuck around. I find that to be part of the appeal.

Brad is a relativist.
And once again,I think our impression with many albums from the 80s and 90s is being molded by the fact that those were the formative years for metal. Would RiB have made such an impact had it been released two years ago? Who knows? Probably not. But then, how many artists that were influenced by Slayer's works would not have seen the light of day?

I don't give a fuck about anything Slayer except Show No Mercy, it's not like there's countless bands out there with more than 3 extremely good quality, especially in the thrash scene

That depends on your preference. I have little tolerance for modern metal so Slayer would appeal to me whether they are considered "classic" or not. I'm willing to bet most people feel the same way about "classic" bands.

I like both new and old in metal. I've been listening to metal for 17 years, and my opinion on Reign in Blood hasn't really changed over time. I never thought it was anything special, I still don't.

Also rms what the hell does it matter how many quality albums a band has? Does having 2 classics suddenly mean your 3rd album should be considered better than bands who released 1 classic? No. It doesn't.

Brad likes Rilo Kiley :oops: His tough guy posturing doesn't affect me

Lets get back to controversy instead of doing all of this diaper changing.

I don't really know if this is controversial but Skeptic's Apocalypse > Unstoppable Force

Sure, both of them are bad albums fairly early in the career of bands who were once good and never recovered.

Wow, am I reading this correctly? Do you really think that Roots was recorded early on in Sepultura's career? Bestial Devastation, Morbid Visions, Beneath The Reamains, Schizophrenia, Arise, Chaos A.D., then Roots. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd say Sepultura were a veteran act by the time Roots was released. BTW, I think Roots was a good album, though it wasn't a thrash album.

I'd say it was fairly early in their career, although Chaos A.D. would've been a better comparison in hindsight.

What's tough guy posturing? lol. anybody can go to my last.fm and see what I like for themselves. I'd say Slayer fans are the ones guilty of "tough guy" attitudes, similar to Pantera and Lamb of God fans.

Nobody's threatened to punch you in the face or called you a pussy or a sheep.

EDIT: Apparently we have very high compatibility. Buttsecks?

I like both new and old in metal. I've been listening to metal for 17 years, and my opinion on Reign in Blood hasn't really changed over time. I never thought it was anything special, I still don't.

Also rms what the hell does it matter how many quality albums a band has? Does having 2 classics suddenly mean your 3rd album should be considered better than bands who released 1 classic? No. It doesn't.

no I don't even know where that conclusion could come from. It's a high expectation for a band to have more than 2+ good albums from the thrash scene , it's pretty common for a one hitter quitter classic then junk, and their later material shouldn't even affect the status of a good album.

controversial opinion - the new rituals of oak and rippikououlul[ulululululuu reissue are much better than debating this 17yr metal hero who lives in his mom's basement and still listens to gay shit

debating this 17yr metal hero who lives in his mom's basement and still listens to gay shit

oooh look he's trying to insult me now. how fun. too bad I'm older than you kid, so there goes your whole poorly thought out theory.

I'm elated to report that I don't have a full compatibility with anyone; I'm one third Grant , one third-Tom, one third myself.
What a strange mutant:lol:
And I have almost zero compatibility with Cythraul.:p