Controversial opinions on metal

:kickass::kickass:

where's malign's favorite phrase?! you just don't get metal man, it's ok. Rap is always there for you

Rap and metal are both there for me actually! Keep trying though, goin to take a lot more than that to piss me off.

and to the guy who said Roots was good: :/ really? I stopped liking Sepultura after Arise.

Apparently, this Brad guy doesn't know that RiB influenced a hell lot of thrash bands, and metal in general. He's just being an asshole for not liking one of the most influential albums in history of metal. This is means that his opinions in thrash do not count automatically.

Apparently, this Brad guy doesn't know that RiB influenced a hell lot of thrash bands, and metal in general. He's just being an asshole for not liking one of the most influential albums in history of metal. This is means that his opinions in thrash do not count automatically.

Lol. another Slayer sheep. I love 'em. Keep it coming.

I was listening to Slayer while you were still in diapers son.

Well I for one dont care much about some of the more influential bands in metal. I can recognize their importance but I dont have to be a big fan of their music. I was never much into Slayer for one. I love thrash but Slayer tend to not be as varied as I like my music to be.

I also recognize Judas Priests importance for metal but I have never been a fan. I never liked Iron Maiden all that much either.

All of these bands have put ut hugely infuential albums and I recognize that but I myself dont want to listen to them all that much.

"Diaper" and "son" references do not improve your position Brad.

My "position" doesn't need to be improved. As the dude above me said, just because a band or album is considered "influential" or "classic" doesn't mean I need to like it or care about it.

I think it's funny how upset some people get when someone doesn't like Slayer, personally. "DOESN'T LIKE SLAYER? FUCK WHAT A POSER OMG!" It's the same reaction I get from Pantera and LoG fans.

I also recognize Judas Priests importance for metal but I have never been a fan. I never liked Iron Maiden all that much either.
I feel the same. Recently i've been getting into a few songs from both bands here and there. The Green Manilishi, Heading Out To The Highway by Priest. Wasted Years, The Trooper from Maiden. Can't consider myself a full blown fan of either band tho'.

Lol. another Slayer sheep. I love 'em. Keep it coming.

I was listening to Slayer while you were still in diapers son.

You're defending yourself only by calling people sheep. You're just not admitting that you're an asshole for not like one of the most influential albums. As so you know, i'm not that big on that album, i enjoy HA and SNM more than RiB, but hell i don't disrespect that album.

My "position" doesn't need to be improved. As the dude above me said, just because a band or album is considered "influential" or "classic" doesn't mean I need to like it or care about it.

I think it's funny how upset some people get when someone doesn't like Slayer, personally. "DOESN'T LIKE SLAYER? FUCK WHAT A POSER OMG!" It's the same reaction I get from Pantera and LoG fans.

I think it has a lot to do with your utter lack of maturity than it does directly with your opinion on a specific band. Calling everybody "sheep" and "idiots" and "typical Slayer morons", along with myriad other insults, it's really no wonder people are not taking you, nor your opinion, seriously. That in addition to the fact that you evidently don't even own your "Top 10 Greatest Thrash Metal Albums Ever", since you just purchased Enjoy the Violence and Extreme Hatred.

To reiterate, nobody's getting upset because you don't like Slayer, they're getting annoyed because you're being such a faggot about it. Obviously your goal in this thread was specifically to provoke people, and since merely having an against the grain opinion wasn't good enough, you had to add in that anybody who disagreed was an idiot. Also, how the hell can you consider Hell Awaits one of the 15 greatest thrash albums and still continually say that you don't like Slayer? Wouldn't that mean that you DO like Slayer? Isn't having one of the 15 best albums in a genre pretty high praise coming from a guy like you who's heard everything?

Also, how the hell can you consider Hell Awaits one of the 15 greatest thrash albums and still continually say that you don't like Slayer? Wouldn't that mean that you DO like Slayer? Isn't having one of the 15 best albums in a genre pretty high praise coming from a guy like you who's heard everything?

tumblr_kt8n7cjov81qzle7ho1_500.jpg

Lawyered!

I think it has a lot to do with your utter lack of maturity than it does directly with your opinion on a specific band. Calling everybody "sheep" and "idiots" and "typical Slayer morons", along with myriad other insults, it's really no wonder people are not taking you, nor your opinion, seriously. That in addition to the fact that you evidently don't even own your "Top 10 Greatest Thrash Metal Albums Ever", since you just purchased Enjoy the Violence and Extreme Hatred.

To reiterate, nobody's getting upset because you don't like Slayer, they're getting annoyed because you're being such a faggot about it. Obviously your goal in this thread was specifically to provoke people, and since merely having an against the grain opinion wasn't good enough, you had to add in that anybody who disagreed was an idiot. Also, how the hell can you consider Hell Awaits one of the 15 greatest thrash albums and still continually say that you don't like Slayer? Wouldn't that mean that you DO like Slayer? Isn't having one of the 15 best albums in a genre pretty high praise coming from a guy like you who's heard everything?

Of course my goal was to provoke people. This thread is for "controversy", what better way to stir it up than being outright asshole-ish about things? You expect me to be polite and friendly to everybody and everything? Do you want to sit down for some tea and have a conversation about why I dislike Slayer using fancy words?

No, I do not own all 10 of my favorite thrash albums. I didn't really start buying a lot of music until the last few years. Not that it really matters, I'm sure I own more music than most of the people complaining about me.

As for disliking Slayer, I dislike all of their albums that have come out after 1985. I'd say that qualifies as disliking a band personally. If you don't like my opinion, that's your problem. Not my fault Slayer fans are riled up so easily.

The point is that most people wouldn't have given a shit if you just said "I think Slayer after Hell Awaits sucks." What you just described as your intention in this thread is the definition of trolling, by the way, which you claimed not to be doing. But whatever, have fun arguing with the rest of these people and being impressed by your ability to call people sheep.

I feel the same. Recently i've been getting into a few songs from both bands here and there. The Green Manilishi, Heading Out To The Highway by Priest. Wasted Years, The Trooper from Maiden. Can't consider myself a full blown fan of either band tho'.

Well yeah. I dont think either band is horrible but I dont buy records they put out and I only enjoy a song here or there. By no means awful - I have seen both Iron Maiden and Slayer live and both are excellent in a live setting I just dont think the music holds up when listening to it on my stereo or in my mp3-player.

I respect what they have done and their importance to metal but I dont really like their music all that much.

What do you consider trolling? I really can't think of a better example of trolling than what you've been posting for the past few pages.