Controversial opinions on metal

WAIF, almost all metal bands pose for photos in such a showy, flamboyant way.From Immortal to Dimmu Borgir and Satyricon, to Mayhem taking that extra step and sacrificing lambs at their concerts and flinging their parts into audience(I've heard that one spectator was killed when a chunk of flesh hit him on the head). It's all done for show. And then some metalheads are awed at the fact that metal is not taken seriously by "outsiders". Bah.

And then some metalheads are awed at the fact that metal is not taken seriously by "outsiders". Bah.

Of course, this can always be thrown into the face of naysayers:

lil_wayne_pink_bape.jpg

I was going to comment on that. It's kind of awesome, in a way. It's also awesome that his belt matches his boxers. I mean, how many people coordinate their outfit to that degree?

At least he is payin his respect to 2Pac with his MOB tattoo..he already knows that this nigga aint got shit on Makaveli!!!1111!

Bare in mind the root of the influence, which brought about the transition to a less 'showy' and more plain image in metal. In other words, what you deem to be more masculine metal, be it a metal video with no strong fantasy element or whatnot, well that was inspired by some total shit heads who didn't play solos because they couldn't.

It could even be said that a good sign of false metal is that it is presented as non gay metal.

Some of the lyrics in Manowar songs sound more like verses from a religious text than anything.

The fact that you basically said 'I think XXXXX and anyone who disagree is gay' is so ridiculous I don't see how you can expect anyone to pay attention to it.

My credibility will be erased by this, but I find Hvis Lyset Tar Oss to be Burzum's worst full-length. It's fantastic and one of my favorite albums, but not as fantastic as the others.

Yeah, they look totally gay tbh. But that doesn't mean their bands suck or that their music is gay.

Manowar, on the other hand, posed in speedos covered in oil. You know who else does that? Bodybuilders. You know what bodybuilders do when they're finished posing like that? They fuck the shit out of a bunch of women, that's what they do. Actually, they probably take a shower, but you get the idea.

Anyhow, can you describe why you think Manowar are gay? Is it merely because they posed half-naked?

Bodybuilding as a professional sport is pretty much entirely for homosexuals. Literally. Not exactly a good defense.

And yes, I have never heard a Manowar song that was more enjoyable than "meh". They try to hard.

wut

Do you know what masculinity means?

Well I could quote from Wiki, or give you the dictionary definition, or we could ask 100 people and get 100 different definitions. One thing is for sure: Posing in flamboyantly gay attire and singing laughable "stadium metal" isn't it.

I could make an obvious statement like "Manowar is the height of homosexuality in metal music" and all the closet gay trolls will rush to defend the band's non-existent masculinity.

Manowar is fuckin metal than you'll ever be.