Controversial opinions on metal

And they do wear jeans and leather, and I've never seen them wearing crackerjack clothes.
Also, I've seen them kill people who ask them to turn down.

Seriously, though, a lot of Manowar's lyrics are definitely meant as tongue-in-cheek. And some of them are just fun.

REVELATION
THE CHOOOOSEEEEEN SAAAVED!
HAIL, FIRE, AND BLO-OO-OOD
FALL ON SATAN'S THRONE!

I think I'm going to stop using the word "worship" to describe influence. So few bands are unique these days, it's more like a combination of influences either way. And if it sounds too close to the band being "worshipped", I'll just say they draw heavily from riffs that band wrote.

OI, I just don't understand a lot of music. Feels kinda strange to say it , really.:erk:

Cyanide: it's more specific than that; brutal death doesn't fit what I described because the production is often too busy and it gives me a headache.

No it's not really much more specific than that..however if you would like to make it more specific than I would be glad to help you extend your library

Perhaps

Celtic Frost - Monotheist

Spacey, well produced, syncopated vocals, riffs don't collapse into each other

Perhaps

Celtic Frost - Monotheist

Spacey, well produced, syncopated vocals, riffs don't collapse into each other

I love that album. At times - listening in headphones - I do feel the production is a little bit to loud (I would have prefered more dynamics during certain parts) but the material is really good on that one. I definately look forward to the new album that Tom has coming our way.

On the production of "monotheist" I would like to compare it to some of the later Exodus stuff. Sounds pretty good but after a while you'll notice your ears getting tired by the production.

darkbliss, lemme know what you think of these:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJy1orRQhoY&fmt=18[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Odlp8Gvso&fmt=18[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHuDI_PxqiU&fmt=18[/ame]

do you like amon duul II btw? also cirith ungol 'king of the dead' & pagan altar? just curious.

Cirith Ungol I haven't heard yet, but dying to get some of their stuff. Pagan Altar is good.
Sorry, man. No sound in youtube at the moment for some reason:)confused:), so I can't check out those links.

Heaviness is the least of my concerns. In fact, you can take all your brootaler than thou records and shove' em someplace. Coherence is of utmost importance.
Am I being stupid again? Sorry for that.

Heaviness is the least of my concerns. In fact, you can take all your brootaler than thou records and shove' em someplace.

Agreed to a point

Coherence is of utmost importance.

However here I have to say you should think about expanding your coherence level. I'm just saying that because I have heard you speak of things lacking coherence that simply do not. To me its just a matter of depth and perception or depth of perception. Just food for thought. Perhaps I should lock you in a room and blast early 70's fusion at you for a few days. After that if you had any sanity left most everything else would seem coherent :)