Controversial opinions on metal

aversesefira_lg.jpg

I don't even like their post-black metal stuff but I met them and I must say, they weren't the friendliest bunch.

I think what makes Behemoth imposing is Nergal, corpsepaint or no. Without that presence it would come off as cheesy as it does on every other band that uses it.

Here's my extremely limited theory of what makes good music.
Music must flow always, independent of riffs and solos; ever coherent, ever fluent. Drums never too invasive,atmosphere never too suffocating, vocals never too imposing; they must exist to echo the drumming at all times. Each section must flow into the next flawlessly, for if it doesn't, the magic dissipates, leaving a mosquito nest in my head.
Of course, this may go against mine liking Dimmu Borgir, but get over it.

Do you carry around a list including all those elements to make sure that each new band you listen to meets those requirements?

I find it ironic that you complain about elitism when you have a "blonde-haired-blue-eyed" expectation out of metal.

Another controversial opinion (though it shouldn't be):

I like it when the bass guitar is not completely buried in the production. That's a big reason why I like bands like Iron Maiden and Cannibal Corpse, and why I don't really care for ...And Justice For All.

Music must flow always, independent of riffs and solos; ever coherent, ever fluent. Drums never too invasive,atmosphere never too suffocating, vocals never too imposing; they must exist to echo the drumming at all times. Each section must flow into the next flawlessly, for if it doesn't, the magic dissipates, leaving a mosquito nest in my head.

Sieg%20Heil-709292.JPG

Lol @ a fourth reich with Dimmu Borgir in its ranks. I wonder if DarkBliss is as good at being vague as the Nazis were with identifying races.

Everything Cradle of Filth released up to 'Midian' is amazing.
I like Slipknot and Korn.
I enjoy pig squeals, not that that's very "controversial."

Can't think of anything else even remotely fitting to this thread... I mean, I could list every non-kvlt thing that I like, but that would be far too time-consuming.