Controversial opinions on metal

You really didn't make a point other than to say "I disagree", while mispelling "verses".

Not to mention "bear" (as "bare").

That said, I don't think Manowar are gay. I think they have a fucking great time playing good ol' fashioned heavy metal and they take it to extremes. Cheesy, yes; but gay, no, mainly because I don't think they take their image very seriously.

Bodybuilding as a professional sport is pretty much entirely for homosexuals. Literally. Not exactly a good defense.
arnold-schwarzenegger-conan-the-barbarian-c10102051.jpeg

Arnold disagrees.

And yes, I have never heard a Manowar song that was more enjoyable than "meh". They try to hard.

Homosexuals are gay AMIRITEGUISE?!
LOLURSORITE!

Last edited by a moderator:
:erk: at the posted Manowar song. If all they did was play solos (and there is nothing overly special about their solos versus other band solos) and didn't waste time with all the other 3rd grade bullshit they try to pass off as "manly metal" I would probably retract my statement.

Well I could quote from Wiki, or give you the dictionary definition, or we could ask 100 people and get 100 different definitions.

Actually, if you asked 100 different people, most of them would probably say "manliness". Do you really think Manowar look effeminate?

One thing is for sure: Posing in flamboyantly gay attire and singing laughable "stadium metal" isn't it.

Flamboyantly gay men don't dress up like Conan the barbarian you dolt. They dress like this:

leather_group_men.jpg

or this:

bruno_narrowweb__300x3710.jpg

or this:
Rob%2Bhalford.jpg

:p

By the way, I've finally figured out what is in common with all the music I strongly like: good flow, syncopated vocals and a production that doesn't give me a headache. So if you've got something to recommend, feel free to do so, people.

Well ok what you described is very general..I generally find Brutal Death Metal to have good flow and has great production (always wondered how, seeing how under-budgeted that entire genre is)..

At the same time a band like Arch Enemy could fall under those same criteria

MOAR SPECIFIC PLZ!!

Not to mention the fact that "flow" is kind of subjective. I consider most of the music I listen to to have good flow, really.