Controversial opinions on metal

Second wave Norwegian BM is the pinnacle of BM.

I can understand "Cronos" hate on the "second wave" for just taking the BM name. And his opinion that it should rather be re-named to Norwegian norse metal or what the hell he said back in the day. Got much more respect for the "first wave" and their real black metal sound. Still, there has been released shitload of great albums in the 2nd too after all.

...But now the whole Norwegian black metal scene is fucking shit. Sweden has totally taken over and owns us. Hail true Swedish black metal.

it blows my mind how ppl can write so many words + get so angry about music trivia

for starters its called a discussion board not one liner board... DUH!

The angry ones are those that said little and are still propagating the nonsense and as STN indicated offering no
credible explaination.

for starters its called a discussion board not one liner board... DUH!

The angry ones are those that said little and are still propagating the nonsense and as STN indicated offering no
credible explaination.

no the angry ones are the ones prefacing their gargantuan walls of badly written + unspellchecked text with insults and crying like a little bitch when someone contradicts their prehistoric black + white views

no the angry ones are the ones prefacing their gargantuan walls of badly written + unspellchecked text with insults and crying like a little bitch when someone contradicts their prehistoric black + white views

so you have comprehension and arrogance issues, congradulations!
-----------------------------------------------------------

controversial metal opinion - black metal is not real metal, its garbage

youre about a decade late

Just look at last year, there was lots of good black metal albums from Sweden:

Funeral Mist - Maranatha
Marduk - Wormwood
Bloodline - Hate Procession
IXXI - Elect Darkness
Bergraven - Till Makabert Väsen
Necrophobic - Death to All

Last one is maybe more of a blackened death metal band, but thats all good releases from only Swedish BM bands in 2009.

They also had shit like Dark Funeral and Shining, but when it comes to the Norwegian scene of black metal annon 2009:

Immortal - All shall fall
Gorgorgoth - Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt

I cant remember more Norwegian releases right now, but it sure is damn weak compared.

Current black metal I'd go with France being the best personally.
^Ditto. French scene is really fucking awesome atm.

Guess I need to check the French scene closer out, any recommendations?

Check out:

Peste Noire - La Sanie des siècles - Panégyrique de la dégénérescence
Alcest - Écailles de lune
Amesoeurs - Amesoeurs
S.V.E.S.T - Deathspell Omega split
Deathspell Omega - Si Monumentum Requires Circumspice and Fas - Ite, Maledicti In Ignem Aeternum
Blut Aus Nord - Ultimate Thulee, Memoria Vetusta I and II, The Work Which Transforms God

Check out:

Amesoeurs - Amesoeurs
Deathspell Omega - Si Monumentum Requires Circumspice and Fas - Ite, Maledicti In Ignem Aeternum
Blut Aus Nord - Ultimate Thulee, Memoria Vetusta I and II, The Work Which Transforms God

Wow, I have actually heard most of these. When I think about it, some of these bands I dont even think of as black metal when im listening to them. The french BM scene is very experimental and goes their own way, thats for sure.

I didnt get into Deathspell Omega too much when I was checking them out a way back, but guess I need to give them another chance. Ive heard far too little Peste Noire, but I will this weekend. Alcest, Amesoeurs and Blut Aus Nord are all great.

Check out:

Amesoeurs - Amesoeurs

on top of these, also check out:

Angmar - Metamorphosis
Mystic Forest - Romances, Waltz in the Midst of Trees
Eikenskaden - The Black Laments Sypmhonie, The Last Dance
Celestia - Apparitia - Sumptuous Spectre, Frigidiis Apotheosia : Abstinencia Genesiis
Mortifera - Vastiia Tenebrd Mortifera
Belenos - Errances Oniriques, Spicilège