Controversial opinions on metal

Guess this weekend will go away fast. Thanks for the recs, lots of unheard stuff there.

:lol: ... oh, but I just must... it was purely motivated... the irony of the whole thing ya know

but it really isnt metal to me, at least I can comprehend that.

Come on razoredge, watsup with you lately? You were a real chill poster until a couple of days ago when you went completely nuts and started fights left and right..and now you are calling black metal out as being unmetal? I mean wtf? Stop this shit, take a couple of days off to reflect, then come back as your old self! You're still cool in the books, but watch the mad-drunk comments like that!

black metal is not metal even though it has the word METAL in it.

yes....thats quite the strong argument you got there, son.

edit - I just want to say whenever I listen to alcests' new album I feel this album was made especially for girls so I like to call it girly black metal.

Well Xorv, even though I like black metal, if you ask Velocibrad he will be the first to scold you for thinking that Nu-metal has absolutely a speck of anything to do with actual METAL...yet it has the word metal in its name. So apparently having metal in your name just isn't enough these days.

CC while in your last post you clearly seemed to get the point of why I said what I said, in the prior one you did not. As for me starting shit if you check to the beginning of the chaos I did not but I sure finished it. I have never been a chilled poster when called to duty... lol

relax and enjoy (or ignore) the side show

Come on razoredge, watsup with you lately? You were a real chill poster until a couple of days ago

:lol:

I seriously doubt anything razoredge says in regards to metal will compare to some of the things he's said in the philosopher's part of the forum. Without a doubt he is the most bigoted, ignorant and narrowminded member the UM forum has ever seen.

controversial metal opinion - black metal is not real metal, its garbage

You're an idiot. It is most definitely metal, setting all arguments on quality aside. Metal Archives agrees. One oldfag's opinion on the internet, who was 20 years early to the party, doesn't change that.

You have very misguided views on metal. Saying that nu-metal is metal, but black metal is not? Fuck. I hope you never breed. And if you have, my condolences.

Controversial metal opinion - Prog metal is not real metal, its garbage. :V :V :V

:lol:

I seriously doubt anything razoredge says in regards to metal will compare to some of the things he's said in the philosopher's part of the forum. Without a doubt he is the most bigoted, ignorant and narrowminded member the UM forum has ever seen.

I agree. He's one of those stereotypical "Well uhhh Ive been in the scene y'see for eleventy bajillion years I know what is and isnt metuhl!!" pos(t)ers.

now that was some funny shit, sorry the motivation for it went over your heads boys. just cause its black dont mean it metal ya know.

It needs explaining? Do you want me to list you a whole bunch of bands that I think are shit but are still metal? It's not really a hard concept to grasp.

Ugh. I don't give a shit actually, I've had this same argument many times since I joined this forum, with people much smarter and less arrogant & aggro than you. I've yet to hear a convincing argument. It all seems to stem from intense dislike for a particular fad/genre/band.

Get your head out of your ass.

Tell you what, I'll take my head out of my ass if you stop acting like a roid-raging know-it-all fucktard.

It all seems to stem from intense dislike for a particular fad/genre/band.

There are a lot of bands that people intensely dislike yet have no concern to argue aren't metal. Maybe, just maybe there are some legitimate reasons to think that Slipknot isn't metal. I'll grant that Slipknot has certain traits that give them a superficial veneer of metalness, but I also think most of those traits aren't even unique to metal and that their sound and image is largely not rooted in anything that's widely acknowledged to be unequivocally metal. Maybe you could point out something non-superficial that makes Slipknot a metal band?

At any rate the 'it sucks so it's not metal' line is an intelligible argument even if you don't think it's sound in this case. There are cases where somebody is so bad at x that it would make sense to say that they are not even doing x. If you're bad enough at speaking, like razoredge is, it might make sense to say that when you attempt to speak you're not really even speaking, but instead babbling like a retarded ape. See what I mean?

oh ouch dat hurt big fella

hows about you post a clip of a Slipknot song and then pose an intelligible argument how its not metal. You know one that some people might consider to sound like metal, not the slight of hand Brad tried earlier.

At any rate the 'it sucks so it's not metal' line is an intelligible argument

unless Im not interpreting this properly due to you somehow being bad at speaking and babbling like a retarded ape... does this statement validate my motivated previous statement that black metal is not metal ?

"image" ? now thats unequivocally precious

At any rate the 'it sucks so it's not metal' line is an intelligible argument even if you don't think it's sound in this case. There are cases where somebody is so bad at x that it would make sense to say that they are not even doing x. If you're bad enough at speaking, like razoredge is, it might make sense to say that when you attempt to speak you're not really even speaking, but instead babbling like a retarded ape. See what I mean?

congradulations ! on a great post

Ugh. I don't give a shit actually, I've had this same argument many times since I joined this forum, with people much smarter and less arrogant & aggro than you. I've yet to hear a convincing argument. It all seems to stem from intense dislike for a particular fad/genre/band.

Tell you what, I'll take my head out of my ass if you stop acting like a roid-raging know-it-all fucktard.

Go listen to Slipknot then and keep thinking it's metal and be wrong, not my problem you want to be misinformed and stupid.

I have an "intense dislike" for power metal and metalcore too, yet I don't dismiss that saying it's not metal. You see that? Gasp! I just proved you wrong. Amazing.

Let's see.

- Hvis Lyset Tar Oss > Burzum/Aske = Det Som Engang Var > Filosofem
- Onward to Golgotha has great production.
- The vocals on Nespithe are some of my favorite in metal.
- Pentagram and Antichrist are better than In the Nightside Eclipse.
- Vikingligr Veldi is my favorite black metal album and probably my second favorite album in all of metal.

I like Nespithe, but do not care much for the vocals. It's not one of my favorite Finland DM albums.