Controversial opinions on metal

Pretty much, but tbh I can see where Brad is coming from in most of his roid-rage type posts. It's a tough world to live in when you are disgusted with how terrible most people's taste is, how stupid most people are, and how wrong a lot of them are about everything. Not being funny.

What some guy said a few posts back, what on earth is Slipknot if it isn't metal?

(blabla no I'm not saying it's good even though I dig a couple of songs, I just fail to see how anyone could categorise it as anything else)

Maybe we should be dissecting NU-METAL as a genre since Slipknot and Limp Bizkit are both considered nu-metal but Limp Bizkit is DEFINITELY NOT METAL AT ALL (can we at least agree on that?)

Limp Bizkit is metal as FUCK

No but seriously Wes Borland did channel Ministry in a couple Big Dumb Face songs.

This is so stupid, VelociBrad must have had a rectal prolapse by now watching people argue about whether or not Slipknot is metal for pages on end

I've always wondered..has there EVER been a debate that ended with one side ultimately agreeing with the other in this thread?

Sorry that didn't make any sense, it did in my head but when I reread it 3 times it made me sound like an idiot.

I don't think that there's been any debate that has resorted to one side agreeing with the other side. It usually ends in compromise, or hatred of one side of the other.

But hatred on a message board is stupid. There's enough hatred in this world already, often, unfortunately over petty differences of opinion, or general misunderstanding.
I mean, it's fun perhaps to pretend to "hate" stuff in jest,if you wanna impress your fellow pesudo-misanthropes or whoever but I dunno, no need to stretch the joke too far.

Not sure how much of this makes sense, but whatever. It's difficult to play the diplomat all the time.

The internet is not a civilized place people..this place needs to be taught some Christian values

I think most of us are mature enough to know to not take things on a message board so personally. Then again, personal attacks are still harsh even on the internet.

Being bigotic, racist, chauvinistic, etc doesn't change just because you're on the internet. I think that's where the line is drawn for most cases.

Razoredge got banned because I reported the fucker a bunch of times. He even basically admitted he was only here to instigate/provoke reactions from people (so... basically a troll). So that should've been enough grounds to get him banned.

Plus he was being a complete and total tool... "ive been living for a bajillion years so I know better than you". Yeah, k bud.

What genre of music do they play exactly then?
What genre of music, loaded with metal influences, does nu-metal fall under?

Rock (possibly alt-rock or something), with hip/hop and SLIGHT metal influences. I've said this a HUNDRED times, but it seems some people here dropped out of school after Grade 1.

Having some metal CHARACTERISTICS HERE OR THERE, does not make you a metal band. Their RIFFS, were 90% ROCK-BASED. They are a ROCK band with METAL influences. Not the other way around.

Fuck, some people (not you) are stupid.

This is what I dont understand, I dont care if you like the music or not... WTF is it, if not metal?

It has nothing to do with like/dislike. My best bud IRL likes some Slipknot... but he doesn't have the bad sense to call it metal.