Controversial opinions on metal

Dark Tranquillity is probably one of the better "Gothenburg" bands. I haven't heard their new one, but I really like Fiction, Character and Damage Done. Their older discography is also pretty darn good.
The Gallery, Fiction and Character are great albums but they went down shit creek with their new one We Are The Void. DT might be done for good imo, its the same repetitive formula.

We Are the Void has grown on me and I quite enjoy it. It's nowhere near Fiction, though. I think they should have waited a while longer before putting out a new album, though.

-Extreme metal's riffs consist of going as fast as you can without sounding like an actual riff
-Extreme metal's drumming isn't even great or complex. If you know how to blastbeat, you're all set
-Most people can learn extreme vocals in a very short periods of time without even sounding good
-Ozzy isn't a good singer
-Cradle Of Filth is only lol-worthy
-Dio isn't the greatest vocalist by far
-Any genre with a core is rubbish

-Extreme metal's riffs consist of going as fast as you can without sounding like an actual riff
-Extreme metal's drumming isn't even great or complex. If you know how to blastbeat, you're all set
-Most people can learn extreme vocals in a very short periods of time without even sounding good

I'm not even going to start with how terribly wrong and ill-informed you are.

btw, everyone, Mayhem is the greatest black metal band ever.

Have you ever listened to extreme metal? I feel like you were once shown some goregrind song when you weren't prepared at all and now you have no idea what you're talking about.

Hello, troll. Here are my responses for you:

You've never heard doom metal, atmospheric black metal, drone metal, or sludge metal, or you wouldn't have said what you did about tempo.

You've skimmed over numerous doom metal, technical death metal, jazz metal, and post metal bands in your statement about drumming. Also, you've disregarded many modern black metal bands (Orthodox, NSBM, Post BM, Blackened Doom) with this statement.

Your statement about vocals contradicts itself.

You need to stop watching Headbanger's Ball.

I'm not even going to start with how terribly wrong and ill-informed you are.

Have you ever listened to extreme metal? I feel like you were once shown some goregrind song when you weren't prepared at all and now you have no idea what you're talking about.

Hello, troll. Here are my responses for you:

You've never heard doom metal, atmospheric black metal, drone metal, or sludge metal, or you wouldn't have said what you did about tempo.

You've skimmed over numerous doom metal, technical death metal, jazz metal, and post metal bands in your statement about drumming. Also, you've disregarded many modern black metal bands (Orthodox, NSBM, Post BM, Blackened Doom) with this statement.

Your statement about vocals contradicts itself.

You need to stop watching Headbanger's Ball.

I can't believe that you guys actually thought they were "my" opinions :lol:

No

SLIPKNOT IS THE BEST BLACK METAL BAND EVER

I also disagree with the bit about CoF being just for lols, since I've got a huge soft spot like a rotten apple(core) for "Dusk and Her Embrace," which is a legitimately awesome piece of over-the-top-theatrical-dramatic-vampires symphonic metal with great and epic keyboard usage.