Controversial opinions on metal

^This. I love Slayer. :) Did they sue Napster? Did they pick fights with ex band members? Nope :p

Hey now, let's not go dissing on Metallica :erk: There was a time when they were just a bunch of rowdy, thrash-loving kids... :)

Hey now, let's not go dissing on Metallica :erk: There was a time when they were just a bunch of rowdy, thrash-loving kids... :)
I know i sounded like a 'Tallica hater there, but dont get me wrong. Early Metallica was good, solid thrash, with some memorable riffs and solos. But when they started experimenting, they lost me as a fan. But i still listen to their old stuff though.

Basically.

Doom and their latest album are both pretty good... but no one here will give them a chance or admit they liked them even if they did.... and no needless 10 page "nuh uh" arguement is going to change my mind on that particular subject.
I will give them a chance!
Songs to check out?

I will give them a chance!
Songs to check out?

The single from their latest album is pretty sweet. Not much deathcore left there.

Job for a cowboy
Suicide Silence
Whitechapel
Despised Icon

They all got some descent shit. I rather listen to any of their latest albums before shit like Death Magnetic. But their fanbase are usually the biggest problem along with all the haters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suicide Silence gets boring quick. Whitechapel's first album is quite possibly the greatest deathcore album in existence.

Yeah. Checked out some samples for Whitechapel's upcoming album, sounds good. With Suicide Silence I dont know why but I think The Cleansing is one of the best deathcore albums. Its possible the album with most breakdowns ever made. Their problem is the variety on the albums. You`ll end up getting tired or turning the album off before its finish. Still, its a great listen from time to time.