Controversial opinions on metal

you dont like solos because you listen to poser music, where as I listen to real metal music with great solos..one day you can be like me

It depends so much on quality/type of the band, I definitely wouldn't generalize it like this.

That generalization is perfectly accurate for me, though. I hate more or less every guitar solo I've ever heard. If I strain my head real hard I can maybe think of a solo or two that didn't bore me to tears, but not one that I actually liked. When I hear a guitar solo I sigh and wait for the music to continue.

If you post examples of solos that you consider actually good, I'll promise to listen to them with an open mind.

EDIT: Actually, I love the solo in Deep Peace. It's so damn good I never even thought of it as a guitar solo.

example of a good thrash solo at 2:25 - 3:11

if you don't think that is completely fucking awesome you should get the fuck out of metal and stick to Alcest

btw most of you are huge cocksucking queers and on the odd occasion that I browse this dump I am immediately offended and my day is ruined until I drink myself into a metal-thrashing, brain-melting rage

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes, great thrash solos certainly exist, but too many bands lack them. Coroner's Son of Lilith at 3:39 probably would be my pick for the best one.

example of a good thrash solo at 2:25 - 3:11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUc_td3m6ag

if you don't think that is completely fucking awesome you should get the fuck out of metal and stick to Alcest

btw most of you are huge cocksucking queers and on the odd occasion that I browse this dump I am immediately offended and my day is ruined until I drink myself into a metal-thrashing, brain-melting rage

The sound quality on that YouTube clip is atrocious.