Controversial opinions on metal

Yeah, a lot of you have bad taste in black metal, not that I should expect much less around here. The least you could do is mention some good US bands.

Pentagram holds my attention from start to finish and has some of the best riffs that black metal has to offer. Far from boring.

Some opinions I doubt are controversial, however this forum never ceases to amaze me.
1. Demigod > Demilich

:bah: Don't get me wrong, Slumber of Sullen Eyes is the fucking shit, but let's be rational here..it doesn't fucking touch Nespithe..

Yeah, a lot of you have bad taste in black metal, not that I should expect much less around here. The least you could do is mention some good US bands.

Pentagram holds my attention from start to finish and has some of the best riffs that black metal has to offer. Far from boring.

Thx for being the musical-taste-police bro, I think I'd have trouble working out which music I enjoy or don't enjoy without your help.

On a more serious note, I guess I'll give Pentagram another effort seeing as two people have just praised it very highly. My previous opinion was probably somewhat tainted by the hella boring live show I saw a few years back, which I should get over and give them a proper chance.

Darkthrone's first four black metal albums quite easily put In the Nightside Eclipse to shame.

I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

Means "no."

Yeah, a lot of you have bad taste in black metal, not that I should expect much less around here.

Pull your head out of your ass. Maybe the "lot" you speak of are the ones with actually decent taste, and you're the loner in the corner crying because no one notices the accuracy of his opinions.

You motherfuckers must be listening to metal without subwoofers

The bass in Nespithe ALONE is enough to destroy any album produced by Demigod! No SERIOUSLY PUT ON THE SIXTEENTH SIX TOOTH SON RIGHT NOW ON LOUD VOLUME AND CRANK UP THE BASS AND TELL ME I'M WRONG, FUCKING DO IT YOU FUCKS! ALL I ASK FOR IS ABOUT 15 SECONDS OF YOUR TIME

FUCK!!!!!!!!

Now that I've calmed down, I realized that arguing about two absolute classics is just plain retarded..they are both fucking great so let's not even compare them!

(but Nespithe is better)

You motherfuckers must be listening to metal without subwoofers

The bass in Nespithe ALONE is enough to destroy any album produced by Demigod! No SERIOUSLY PUT ON THE SIXTEENTH SIX TOOTH SON RIGHT NOW ON LOUD VOLUME AND CRANK UP THE BASS AND TELL ME I'M WRONG, FUCKING DO IT YOU FUCKS! ALL I ASK FOR IS ABOUT 15 SECONDS OF YOUR TIME

FUCK!!!!!!!!

That song does sound great, and the rhythm section kills. The stop/start tempo shifts and the syncopation is brilliant. But, yeah, Slumber of Sullen Eyes is still a little bit better.

I'm siding with CC and Nespithe. Listening to Nespithe is like being a baby again and getting rocked (hah) into a trancelike slumber by your mother.

With the exception of Wyrd, Elvenking's albums have gotten progressively better. As in, Two Tragedy Poets > The Scythe > The Winter Wake > Heathenreel. And they're all decent-damn good. But White Willow is their best song, by a disturbingly huge margin.