Controversial opinions on metal

I really don't see whats so good about them, its cheesy pseudo classical stuff with boring riffs played on shitty keyboards.

http://www.myspace.com/britonrites

The opening to "A Meeting In The Woods" makes me want to punch someone in the face. Not in the good "fuck yeah thrashy!" way but in like the "my God that is beyond fucking cheesy and campy" way.

Dude seriously just shut up. It will take many years for a poser like yourself to realize how gay bands like I and Opeth are and maybe appreciate trad metal, this band is not for you. It takes people awhile to enjoy the good stuff but just shut up, and stick with your Behemoth's and Kataklysm's ok?

Ha, I was pretty drunk when I wrote that.

For those who haven't listened to them, Ancient Rites are fucking awesome and Dim Carcosa is a great record. If you like aggressive, epic folk/black metal, they're top notch.

The Briton Rites album is pretty good, but by no means great. The riffs are good, but the songs are far too long and the whole thing just ends up dragging.

And @ Mort, no way in hell is Too Late To Pray better than Ample Destruction. Legions Of The Dead shits all over Too Late (with the exception of the title track, that's an absolute monster), and Cerebus's Too Late To Pray is better than both of Tyrant's albums.

Briton Rites rules. ASD is just being a troll.

:lol: OK maybe a little bit, the album is good, but that one particular riff just bothers me.

rms: I don't like Behemoth or newer Kataklysm as I much prefer death/black metal that still takes influence from the 80s. And you apparently also did not notice the amount of plays that Sabbath and Manilla Road have on my last.fm.

And you apparently didn't notice that RMS is MORE OF A MAN than you because he's ARMY STRONG and he'll fuck you up while listening to REAL METAL for REAL PEOPLE who live life to the EDGE, and you're not in the ARMY so you're a GOD DAMN POSER FAG who listens to top 40 stuff.

And you apparently didn't notice that RMS is MORE OF A MAN than you because he's ARMY STRONG and he'll fuck you up while listening to REAL METAL for REAL PEOPLE who live life to the EDGE, and you're not in the ARMY so you're a GOD DAMN POSER FAG who listens to top 40 stuff.

its not cool to be in the army bro

I don't, he's probably happier than a pig in shit and loves his Pantera tattoos more than his friends or family.

I do feel a little bad for a friend who has In Flames tattoos on both his upper arms/shoulders. He has gained a ton of weight since he is in a feeder-ish relationship with his gf (who has gained a ton too); can't imagine they're looking too good now!

Controversial: Really not interested in technical DM like Gorguts or Portal. At all. Cannot gain enjoyment from it.