Controversial opinions on metal

That demo was 1983 right?
Exodus had their first demo out in 1982.

True... the demo was released in 83 but some of the songs are from earlier:

"Death Rider" appeared on Metal Massacre V in 1984. Most of the songs were
written around 1982-83, with the notable exceptions of "The Beast Within" and
"Raise the Dead", which are both from 1981 when Bobby G and Rich Conte were in
the band.

So I was partly right.
In any case Overkill is certainly one of the earliest thrash bands to write/record material.

I like A, C and F the most and I own ABCDF

So you like Formulas? I also like it but usually see a lot of people bashing it. My favourite is Covenant, awesome album.

Morbid Angel are probably the greatest not just death metal but metal band in general.They where at their best during the Blessed Are The Sick era imo.

Blessed is solid as fuck but I've always enjoyed Covenant more for some reason. I was blown away last year at their gig, they played like a bunch of earger teenagers (in a good way), a lot of energy, great individual performances and a brilliant setlist. Oh, and their second guitar player aka Destructhor also delivers. It was an insane show.

Covenant is damn awesome!! I still remember the hype and excitement that was about when that album was released and it totally delivered and still does to this day.I was lucky enough to see them live in Melbourne a couple of years ago and understand what you're saying about their live shows..It was a highlight for me that's for sure.

It sounds so ridiculous to me to even consider MA a top tier metal band, even a death metal band. I barely listened to Altars and Blessed when I had the mp3s

What rms said.
I mean we all have to respect them for what they did for metal, and the first two albums were decent enough, but there were bands releasing much better shit around the same time.

I can't STAND death metal vocals. They're stupid as all FUCK. Since when did sounding like a mixture of a cat in heat, a lawnmower, a constipated person trying to take a dump, and someone with tourettes become so appealing to peoples ears? RETARDED. Unfortunately 90% of metalheads disagree with me.

I can't STAND death metal vocals. They're stupid as all FUCK. Since when did sounding like a mixture of a cat in heat, a lawnmower, a constipated person trying to take a dump, and someone with tourettes become so appealing to peoples ears? RETARDED. Unfortunately 90% of metalheads disagree with me.

Eat a dick, you faggot.

Along with Morbid Angel, Bolt Thrower and Autopsy released the greatest death metal albums before the 90's, imo.