Controversial opinions on metal

I actually just listen to what I think sounds best, I oculdn't give two shits about underground status.
And Entombed and Carnage both had their first demos out in 1989.

My friend and I play Death Metal at our little get togethers. No one gives a shit so it's all good. I occasionally sneak in some Black Metal as well. Usually WITTR since it's a lot easier on the ears than other BM bands.

Iron Maiden has not been good in a long time and same goes for Slayer and Metallica. I doubt thinking these bands newer cds suck is controversial.

Death Magnetic was certainly better than anything since Black album though, agreed? So I'd say newer Metallica > newer Maiden. And Endgame was a step up as well.

Death Magnetic could have been good if it was more riff oriented and less wanky. And anything that Maiden has put out post BNW could definitely be put in the same shit heap with Load, ReLoad, St. Anger, Diabolos In Musica, God Hates Us All, and even Cryptic Writings and Risk.

Thats more of what I was thinking. The last half of the 90's wasn't kind to any of the big 4 or Maiden for that matter.

here's my controversial opinion

Primordial's The Gathering Wilderness, though it was the album that got me into Primordial, is one of their weaker albums

New Iron Maiden wasnt that bad. People just still expect powerslave from maiden, like they expect RtL from metallica.