Controversial opinions on metal

I've always thought 'Gods to the Godless' is the best Primordial song. 'The Coffin Ships' is great too though, the title track from that album MAY be better, not sure really it is a close call.

"Gods to the Godless" is great. For me, it's usually a tie between that one, "The Coffin Ships," "As Rome Burns," and "Sons of the Morrigan." I really don't get why "Sons of the Morrigan" isn't more fellated. It's a fucking incredible song.

I don't know what the best Primoardial song is, since I don't recall hearing any bad ones, but I really enjoy "Heathen Tribes" the most of all the songs from the newest album.

Can't agree, I must say. Save King Nothing, I find everything on DM more interesting. And SA isn't nearly as bad as everyone likes to make it out to be. DM does lack flow to some degree, but most of their stuff does for me, and the way it was mastered is a crime against humanity, but there are pre-mastered versions of it on the net.

Lars in general is awful, but yes, he certainly has not gotten better with age.

I usually get tired of the debate on what is good or not since I realize its all individual opinion and tehre is no need to convince anyone that soemthing is awesome or that its great if they dont think so. However I often say that opinions are subjective except in regards to St Anger which objectively sucks :) Just a joke of course but shows how much I dislike this album. Its horrible all the way through in almost every aspect - performance, lyrics, sound, riffs etc.

Really? I'm going to see them with COB and Clutch in September. I'm pretty much going for Clutch, because I hate overtly wanky melodeth with nasally vox and knuckle dragging slow paced groove metal for rednecks. I do have to give Zack Wilde credit for crafting some good guitar licks, and no one can wham out the artificial harmonics like he can.

Yeah, the worst part about BLS concerts are the fans. Shot to Hell was such a retred piece of trash Zakk probably wishes he could have it back. But he is off the bottle now and you can tell it on the new album. This is the album that should have come out after Blessed Hellride.

The riffs aren't lazy and the lyrics aren't one long cliche for a change.

:lol: What thread is that Onder quote in?

Handy hint of the day:

If you click on the "view post" button next to the quotee's name, it takes you right there.

This message has been brought to you by Satanstoenail for the Greater Ultimate Metal Community and yes I'm well aware that "quotee" isn't a word, get fucked