Controversial opinions on metal

thanks, I'll look for them. I'm currently hunting for full Tang Dynasty albums/digital copies; saw a blip about them in that Global Metal movie and thought they were excellent. I only have the one song off the soundtrack, "Epic," and it's incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think you have a great misunderstanding of where I'm coming from a good 99% of the time. :p

Venom is one of my favorite bands, metal to the bone, and most definitely silly. I don't necessarily associate "silly" with something I can't take seriously.

Gallhammer!! I've been meaning to ask you Krampus about your opinions on a few excellent Japanese metal bands,namely,Metalucifer,Barbatos and Sabbat,are you a fan of these bands? I personally love Barbatos(the best beer drinking band around these days imo) and Sabbat.
Sabbat is great, even though there's a little too much blatant Venom worship for my tastes.

sounds like she might kick your ass

sounds like a fucking mental patient

Two female metal vocalists I like. Women shouldnt predominately growl/shriek/whatever

Last edited by a moderator:
Both Jex Thoth and Reino Ermitano are kinda average at best actually.

Jex Thoth is really good. I never got into Reino. Battle of Mice is great if you're not a closeminded kvlt-bitch and Détente was a great thrash. Dawn Crosby is a dead legend of true (drugged, alcoholic and manly, destructive) metal same as Peter Steele. No matter what posers say.