Controversial opinions on metal

Jex Thoth and The River are probably the two best female bands around right now. Jex thoth's s/t and is just mesmerizing and both EPs are amazing, and the river are a great wall of sound and emotion. Rituals of the Oak did not hit me, but the Cauchemar EP is pretty awesome on first listen and french lyrics with sweet riffs gives me balls a tingle

iwrestledabearonce is a real band? sounds like some emo kid turned indie kid's AIM screen name.

haha Silencer are one of those bands who would be GREAT if they released a "Party Time Karaoke" version of their albums where you provide your own vocals.

Jex Thoth and The River are probably the two best female bands around right now. Jex thoth's s/t and is just mesmerizing and both EPs are amazing, and the river are a great wall of sound and emotion. Rituals of the Oak did not hit me, but the Cauchemar EP is pretty awesome on first listen and french lyrics with sweet riffs gives me balls a tingle

Everyone needs to listen to Sentinel Beast.

I actually like some "prom dress metal" with the slutty looking girl crooners, like Leaves Eyes and Battlelore. I think the problem with most female metal vocalists is that they either A: Sound too operatic or B: sound too much like they're trying to outdo the men. Those dumb broads just need to sing naturally, in their own voice.

like Brad-chan said Doro Pesch is a really good frontwoman. She sounds metal as fuck but also incredibly feminine and just like she's doing her thing and living her life. No elements of operatic bullshit or try-hard crap.

"Prom dress metal" eh?