Controversial opinions on metal

Speaking of websites people who base opinions and judge what albums are best based on what M-A says are total idiot gayfags

Actually, Deep Purple and Uriah Heep are considered metal by many people. They are some of the originators of Metal. Whatever, I'm drunk.

After many listens to Edge of Sanity, I have concluded that the majority of their work is awful, and way too poppy. Whatever. Fuck most Swedish old school Death Metal. USDM Incantation/Infester/Immolation all the way.

I just find it interesting that there is a double standard within metal, that an originator of one genre (Venom) is considered to be that genre, but the mooted originators of metal overall (Zep, Purple, Heap, etc) are no longer considered metal by forum goers.

I agree with this actually. If Venom formed today, no-one would ever suggest they were black metal. Therefore any suggestion they are BM is purely as a result of this chain of influence, which surely is not a valid criterion for defining a genre.

And Death Delirium is full of shit as usual, Zep, Purple and Heep were, without a doubt, considered the very definition of "heavy metal" back in the day.

A few things:

Norwegian black metal is the absolute pinnacle of black metal. Not much comes close, and that that does certainly wasn't released in the last ten years.

Old school Swedish death metal generally rules and anyone who disagrees is listening to the wrong bands/albums and engaging in too much slam-death related homosexuality.

Venom are obviously black metal.

^this x1000

I feel like you guys are a bunch of drunks at a bar arguing about shit and im the bartender wondering wtf you guys are on about