Controversial opinions on metal

I dislike both full on satan/aggressive black metal like Marduk and full on soothing/atmospheric black metal like Drudkh. There has to be more than one element there for me to click with it.

Drudkh is amazing though! I'll agree on the whole Marduk/Norsecore bandwagon though. It's fun for the extremity, but it gets very monotonous.

ya we know.

- I like all types of BM ranging from alcest shoegaze, enmekar ambient, silencer depressing, and more and more. The point is is that it's not so much what you incorporate into BM, even if it's bollywood BM I'd still give it a listen, it's how you structure and incorporate genres in your music.

I don't mind DSBM, but theres too many bedroom bands popping up. Post-Rockish BM and Shoegaze/BM is pretty good though.

Enslaved is probably the only Norwegian BM band that I'm truly still enjoying to this day other then Burzum. :S

It's sad to see so much falsity among supposed black metal fans around here. I thought it was obvious that mixing black metal and post-rock, shoegaze, etc. is utter faggotry and is basically a watering down of a once exciting genre. Weak.

It's sad to see so much falsity among supposed black metal fans around here. I thought it was obvious that mixing black metal and post-rock, shoegaze, etc. is utter faggotry and is basically a watering down of a once exciting genre. Weak.

maybe some people like the new version of black metal and not the old version.

Profanatica is one of the best black metal acts ever and Paul Ledney is a goddamn genius (or at the very least, idiot savant).

I agree. At first after reading some parts of his interviews, I honestly believed he was trolling the black metal scene, because everything was taken so far, but holy shit.

It's not wattering down, it's called experimentation. To say that trying something new in any form of art is, "wattering it down," is just plain abysmal as far as opinions go. For example - thrash metal was the first type of metal ever conceived. If it wasn't for experimentation, such as Celtic Frost adding santanism to their lyrics, we wouldn't have the variety of genres in metal that we have today. For fucks sake man what do you expect as far as art goes? huh? For people to play burzum style or darkthrone style bm for the past 20 years? Music like anything in this world EVOLVES.

To say that trying something new in any form of art is, "wattering it down," is just plain abysmal as far as opinions go.

Well, I didn't say that, so...

For example - thrash metal was the first type of metal ever conceived.

Uhhh, what?

For fucks sake man what do you expect as far as art goes? huh? For people to play burzum style or darkthrone style bm for the past 20 years?

No, and nothing I've said suggests that I think that way. Jump to conclusions much?

you didn't say it but it came off as implied concering that genre when i read your post.

oh ya thats right I forgot about glam metal, but then again IT'S GLAM METAL.

yes I do jump to conclusions, wanna fight about it?