Controversial opinions on metal

you didn't say it but it came off as implied concering that genre when i read your post.

oh ya thats right I forgot about glam metal, but then again IT'S GLAM METAL.

yes I do jump to conclusions, wanna fight about it?
Are you fucking retarded?
Have you ever heard of Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Motorhead, etc?

No one is truely tr00 unless they destroyed their metal collection for racial reasons and eunocated them self as a response to their disgust at women's inferiority.

Tr00 - a defense mechanism used primarily by those with inferior music taste in envy of their superiors.

Itt Xorv is retarded.

Tr00 - a defense mechanism used primarily by those with inferior music taste in envy of their superiors.

Itt Xorv is retarded.

facepalm.gif
Cyth was the one who brought up the whole trueness bullshit here. Difference is: He was being serious while I was mocking his stupidity.

It's interesting how radically opinions shift over the years. Back when I joined this forum lots of people were recommending Xasthur. Now it seems like almost everyone dislikes Xasthur. I never really got the hype.

facepalm.gif
Cyth was the one who brought up the whole trueness bullshit here. Difference is: He was being serious while I was mocking his stupidity.

He was talking about falsity. Pretty sure that's the opposite of tr00.

Did it ever cross your mind that shoegaze/post-rock/psychedellic combined with black metal is actually fucking gay and not a matter of tr00 or un-tr00ness?

On the drive to school I just remembered about traditional doom and classic heavy metal. fuck whoever called me dumb has every right to in this thread. I don't know how I could of forgotten the greats....damn marijuana. My point was though that music evolves because of experimentation and blah blah you get it.

edit - ^ I didn't learn what shoegaze was till I heard it combined with BM. Let me guess though, you don't listen to regular shoegaze or post rock?

edit - you can call me dumb even moronic for forgetting about black sabbath and the like, but that tr00 bullshit better not be about me. I'm not dodens.

I'm the only ones who disagrees.

Do you have everyone else on ignore? There were at least 5 or 6 of us who disagreed.

This is overall a stupid thing to be arguing over because (as far as I've found) for a good number of people who listen to black metal (and black metal's children/bastardizations), it represents something fruity and personal for them. It's also not necessarily a matter of either or, since there is no way in heaven that a person would listen to, say, Mercyful Fate and later Burzum for the same reasons.

I'm going to take this bullshit further and make up a few categories at will

A) "It's Fun To Be Evil And Satanic" - Mercyful Fate, Watain, Venom

B) "It's Not Easy Being A 1337 Blond Person" - Burzum, Grand Belial's Key, Graveland

C) "God I'm So Depressed" - Lantlos, Misere Luminis, Anti

D) "Play Me During Yoga" - Alcest, Drudkh, Agalloch

E) "Insane (Sounding) and Gimmicky" - Silencer, Dark Tribe, Pyha

He was talking about falsity. Pretty sure that's the opposite of tr00.

Did it ever cross your mind that shoegaze/post-rock/psychedellic combined with black metal is actually fucking gay and not a matter of tr00 or un-tr00ness?

DUUURRR I ONLY LIKE HEAVY MUZIK AND EVRYTHING ELSE IS GHEY AND FALSE!!!1!

Whenever you claim something as "false" in any manner, then you're automatically implying that there is a "true" to counterbalance the falsity. Basically, claiming music to be true or false at all is stupid as fuck and just makes you sound like a pretentious faggot.