Controversial opinions on metal

Comparing Arise and Roots is an apples and oranges debate. There is hardly anything stylistically that the two have in common.

moar liek apples and orange rinds amirite. You can compare Motor Booty Affair and Virtual XI too, and believe it or not, choosing only one would be the correct answer.

No, it really doesn't.
Are you seriously bashing Arise and then praising Roots? Roots has some unique stuff on it, in that every autistic kid is a special snowflake. Arise has stupid intros but is otherwise fucking kickass in the same way BtR is.

BtR is them perfecting a sound. Arise is them trying to do more of the same as BtR but it's too "safe" and bland. There is nothing memorable about the album at all. Roots is them perfecting the sound they had started exploring on Chaos AD.

Funeral samba metal? the hell are you on? There's a shit ton of fucking GOOD Death and Black metal from the last 10 years. I guess though you're too busy praising Roots to have any good taste in metal so it wouldn't be worth my while to tell you of anything good.

After two years this is at least the 4th time the Sepultura arguement has been rehashed. This thread is like clockwork. I feel sorry for the people who have been reading this thread longer than I have.

We are due for an Iron Maiden vs Judas Priest debate with an Opeth mention thrown in, within the next 4 pages.

Let me revamp my statement. Black Sabbath with Ozzy sucks. He's a horrible vocalist. Blue Cheer was a better band from that time period. Black Sabbath was just way too monotonous and boring, with horrid vocals, at least until they got rid of Ozzy.