Controversial opinions on metal

Opeth sucks.
Dream Theater is too pretentious and faggy.
OZZY is horrible.
Mercyful Fate > King Diamond.
I've heard that Maine only houses the metal fags.

- Maniac Butcher is underrated;
- The Aussie scene has great bands which also deserve a lot more praise;
- Best Black Sabbath vocalist was Ronnie James Dio;
- Isis is fun, Panopticon and Oceanic are solid albums;
- Mercyful Fate > King Diamond
- Taake is one of the best norwegian BM bands

Um, all of the fucking awesome death metal they've put out quite recently, such as Ignivomous, The Dead, Impetuous Ritual, Portal (mileage may vary, of course), Stargazer, Cauldron Black Ram, etc.

Um, all of the fucking awesome death metal they've put out quite recently, such as Ignivomous, The Dead, Impetuous Ritual, Portal (mileage may vary, of course), Stargazer, Cauldron Black Ram, etc.

Well, I did forget Disembowelment, at least.

EDIT: Fuck, I also forgot Alchemist. :doh:

Well, I did forget Disembowelment, at least.

EDIT: Fuck, I also forgot Alchemist. :doh:

I said "quite recently", ldo, you're still ignoring a good chunk of fucking excellent bands, which makes sense because you seem to only care about speed/power/heavy/thrash, and, even then, you have pretty shitty opinions regarding those genres most of the time so I don't really take you too seriously.

Just browsing some of the top 10 BM favourites and i seem to have a mental problem with the Norwegian scene.In my mind it has become too popular or something but when you actually listen to those albums(Darkthrone,Mayhem,Ulver ect.ect.)it could'nt be further from the truth...oh well I guess it's just another case of 'Video killed the fuckin radio star'.

I said "quite recently", ldo, you're still ignoring a good chunk of fucking excellent bands, which makes sense because you seem to only care about speed/power/heavy/thrash, and, even then, you have pretty shitty opinions regarding those genres most of the time so I don't really take you too seriously.

I gave no conditions on time. True, it was through a speed/power/heavy/thrash context I was thinking, e.g. Mortal Sin, Hobb's, Destroyer 666, and other worthless bands of the sort. That's because most developed white nations released something of note during the 80's and early 90's. Some of the bands you mentioned do seem good, tbh. The Dead would be awesome if they didn't there weren't minutes of boring tremolo-riffed blasty blast blast metal in their music, because I definitely did the death metal elements to them. Stargazer's debut seems pretty interesting from initial impressions as well. But some of this is worthless. Cauldron Black Ram is boring the crap out of me, really repetitive chugging riffs with a hollow guitar tone that doesn't not suit their simplicity. I'm hearing nothing interesting about this Ignovwhatever band as well; does this 2009 debut of nondescript death metal actually have a following?

And why just new bands? Why has this modern, developed country of British origin taken until now to finally put out more than one good band every few years? They're small population-wise admittedly, but so is Norway. I can understand Yemen not faring so well, but Australia has no excuse. They are simply quite worthless as a metal-producing country.

You've got no idea about metal man...Australia's contribution to metal is widely known and comparable to that of Canada.

Canada has Blasphemy, Cryptopsy, Gorguts, Slaughter, Strapping Young Lad, and Voivod. What Australian bands can match any of those in terms of importance?