Controversial opinions on metal

I Totally agree with you. I know one of my friends who started with SOAD! And now he is a REAL fan of Heavy and Death metal (Brutal Death Metal mainly).

ps : Now he thinks SOAD is shit :lol:

Well he is wrong now...

Or are we supposed to think he is super cool because it's totally leet and awesome not to like bands who achieved any degree of popularity?

Or are we supposed to think he is super cool because it's totally leet and awesome not to like bands who achieved any degree of popularity?

On page 21 of my Guide to Being a Tr00 Metalhead, it confirms: Becoming a death metal fan is not just about enjoying death metal, infact that's just a small aspect of it. It's also about considering all reasonably popular non-death bands to be shitty. This is not an option, but a requirement. There are exceptions to this rule: Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Motorhead, Alice in Chains, Faith No More, Black Sabbath or Dream Theater. You can still be tr00 and listen to these bands.

Brutality-when the sky turns black is one of my favorite DM cds. Massacre-from beyond,Morbid Angel(first 5),Disincarnate-dreams of the carrion kind,Malevolent Creation(first 2),Atheist(first 2),Resurrection-embalmed existence,Monstrosity-imperial doom. Great albums.

Disincarnate Dreams of The Carrion Kind is fucking amazing.
Atheist is a tad overrated.
Cynic is usually called technical or progressive death metal, but wheres the death metal?

I described two things not part of the actual music and what is widely considered one of the sloppiest guitar duos in metaldom. I think you should go and play Satanist dress-up and stop listening to metal. Your love of black metal further supports this.

Are you capable of making an argument without spouting off false "you're an elitist" jargon about my music taste? Slayer's solos are some of the best in metal and they are 1). a thrash band and 2). good BECAUSE they are sloppy. It works with their music just fine. The lyrics and image are important to metal as well.