Controversial opinions on metal

Jon Stewart of Slauter Xstroyes is the best singer in all metal. I don't care that he's a fifth-tier nobody; his voice successfully mixes the grit of Bruce Dickinson, the spontaneity of King Diamond, and the ear-piercingness of Ian Gillian into one wonderful master of traditional/power godliness.

Jon Oliva almost makes it, but towards the late 80's/early 90's his voice could get unpleasantly shrill and whiny at times. I won't deny him the claim of largest metal testicles circa Sirens through The Hall of the Mountain King, however.

Souls to Deny is the most underrated Suffocation album, and at least to me, comparable to Pierced From Within, especially Tomes of Acriomony.

Only because the first two Pestilence albums are the only good Pestilence. Asphyx wins out in consistency alone.

That album was such a massive disappointment. I assumed that the band would get better as they went on and since I typically gravitate towards the more mature and tech/prog-ish efforts of a given band, I figured Testimony would be a surefire case of win. Eight tracks of mediocre generic death/thrash (well, Prophetic Revelations is an enjoyable bit of unoriginal traditional/doom worship) with eight stupid fucking interlude tracks and the occasional spiffy-but-out-of-place guitar solo does not make a masterpiece.

No because actually every song is well written and choc full of great riffs, the solos are tasteful and well placed, the interludes are interesting and give the album more flow, and the production is great. It's one of the few albums with big melodic passages and keys that I don't find overblown and/or cheesy. I think they went for a much more musical sound while still retaining their death metal roots and pulled it off completely.

Wino is a survivor that's for sure,he's up there with Bobby Liebling as far as street cred goes.He's certainly lived the life.

I wouldn't fuck with Wino.

On the topic of best metal vocalists, the title goes to Halford or Dio.

I know it my be cliche or whatever, but it's true.

Halford will always get my nod for best metal vocalist. I can't see anybody turning in a better vocal performance than what he did on Sad Wings of Destiny tbh.

Halford's performance on songs like "Tyrant", "Run Of The Mill", "Victim Of Changes", "Dreamer Deceiver", and "Dissident Agressor" is unbeatable.