Controversial opinions on metal

Wino is a survivor that's for sure,he's up there with Bobby Liebling as far as street cred goes.He's certainly lived the life.

Yeah, and his voice just echoes that.

When it comes down to it I don't think I've really heard a more metal vocal performance than Dying Inside.

Might not be as high pitched, flashy, or anything but just pure emotion.

Yeah Wino is great,I love his vocals and you're right about the emotion conveyed through his voice.I mentioned Daniel Heiman before but my all time favourite vocalist would have to be Dio.Heiman was unbelievable in Lost Horizon though.

in both cases they perfectly suit the material, in ways that are totally counter-intuitive and genius at least in baker's case. reagers is just fucking psychotic and unhinged sounding, love it.

The singer from Manilla Road has a really ugly and hard to listen to voice. The melodies he sings as well as his pitch are just fine, but I hate his tone.

:lol:They're either looking for their golf ball or their mate who's fallen down that hole.
edit: I would love to see the looks on the well to do country club style folk when these fine chaps walked through the door.

The singer from Manilla Road has a really ugly and hard to listen to voice. The melodies he sings as well as his pitch are just fine, but I hate his tone.

I used to hate his voice, but when I noticed how pitifully rudimentary his riffcraft was, they could have been Dio for all it mattered. Little more than a cover art band.