Controversial opinions on metal

Doom metal is a genre. Funeral Doom is a sub-genre of Doom. How can it not be doom? If your arguing for it not being doom because doom is Black Sabbath, Candlemass, etc, then your same logic could be used for saying Burzum isn't black metal because it doesn't sound like Venom.

Drone is essentially worthless; but at least funeral doom has an array of good stuff. I can't say the same about stoner and/or sludge crap, gay loser MDF inside stage basement show partyviolence bands, or prog "metal".

I really don't get the hate. The first EP is great, two first albums are decent. Hell, some songs off Resurrection through Carnage are fucking great.

I can only guess the hate is related to Mikael Akerfeldt / Opeth :confused:

I find it to be pretty bland old school Swedish DM worship. I could just listen to the bands they are "paying homage" to rather than listen to their boring attempts at it.

I really don't get the hate. The first EP is great, two first albums are decent. Hell, some songs off Resurrection through Carnage are fucking great.

I can only guess the hate is related to Mikael Akerfeldt / Opeth :confused:

I think it's because of the Opeth-Akerfeldt-Katatonia-Steven Wilson-Progressive fanboys that adore Bloodbath over all things just because of the people that are in the band and give them this super-hype they have. Most of them claim to love death metal just for that and "true" death metal fans hate that.

Akerfeldt just lays down vocals in the studio, he really has nothing to do with anything. Renske even said in an interview something like 'fuck him he's a statue'. :lol:

Bloodbath discussions are dumb.

I don't think I've ever listened to a 'super group' that didn't suck. Anytime labels gather together people from different bands for albums (ie. Road Runner United) or multiple people from other bands start a side project (ie. Bloodbath), It's always shit.

I don't think I've ever listened to a 'super group' that didn't suck. Anytime labels gather together people from different bands for albums (ie. Road Runner United) or multiple people from other bands start a side project (ie. Bloodbath), It's always shit.

qft

What's wrong with Bloodbath? Simplistic, catchy death metal with great, understandable growls. Nothing outstanding, but it doesn't suck either. There're countless worse bands.

What bands are you all referencing when you say stoner doom sucks? Seriously, if you dont like bands such as Sleep, Church of Misery, or Acrimony, then get the fuck out of metal. You can go be a maggot.

As far as sludge, Eyehategod and Iron Monkey are superb.

Bloodbath should have quit after the first ep. Like they said they were.