Controversial opinions on metal

What bands are you all referencing when you say stoner doom sucks? Seriously, if you dont like bands such as Sleep, Church of Misery, or Acrimony, then get the fuck out of metal. You can go be a maggot.

As far as sludge, Eyehategod and Iron Monkey are superb.

Bloodbath should have quit after the first ep. Like they said they were.

Don't forget Crowbar and Acid Bath.

Since Mort brought it up, I feel "Funeral Doom" has more in common with drone and death/black/"extreme" metal than doom metal.

How is it at all Ambient/Metal? lol. Sounds nothing like either.

Anyways, maudlin of the Well, greatest prog/avant garde metal band of all time.

people say funeral doom is boring because its slow paced. Blast beats and double bass bombardments do not always equate to brutality. there are many FD bands out there with very slow but punishing music.

Funeral Doom, as a small relatively new subgenre, naturally has far fewer quality acts than black metal, death metal, trad. doom, thrash, etc., but the few quality releases of the genre make up some of my favorite music ever. Get Mournful Congregation, Skepticism, Thergothon, Esoteric, Worship, and Stabat Mater and skip the rest.

What's wrong with Bloodbath? Simplistic, catchy death metal with great, understandable growls. Nothing outstanding, but it doesn't suck either. There're countless worse bands.

Good point, being able to understand vocals/lyrics even in death metal(any music) add's a lot in terms of mind. I like to hear words/lyrics of things am interested in. If they're Death Metal lyrics it just makes the band even more dark,sinister,morbid,twisted,warped,etc.. then some band you can't even make out one word. Death Metal is kinda like a horror movie/graveyard musically and then the lyrics created the plot/scenes OF DEATH. Any DM that can't understand any lyrics sounds goofy. Death Metal is not suppose to sound funny/goofy.

Good point, being able to understand vocals/lyrics even in death metal(any music) add's a lot in terms of mind. I like to hear words/lyrics of things am interested in. If they're Death Metal lyrics it just makes the band even more dark,sinister,morbid,twisted,warped,etc.. then some band you can't even make out one word. Death Metal is kinda like a horror movie/graveyard musically and then the lyrics created the plot/scenes OF DEATH. Any DM that can't understand any lyrics sounds goofy. Death Metal is not suppose to sound funny/goofy.

And yet for the first 4 albums Edge of Sanity sounded flamboyantly gay and goofy.

:lol:

Missing my point. There's plenty of DM bands that had great vocal approach,lyrics, and understandable vocals/lyrics that added to the music,vibe, and atmosphere. Necrophobic-the nocturnal silence is a good example. Plenty of DM bands that were musically and lyrically good/interesting for being DM.

Darker Subject matter is more when a listener can understand what the fuck a band is talking about/saying. That's kinda what the fuck am saying, but if no one understands am not going on about this all day.

for fuck sakes.

Go listen to your RE RE RE RO RO RE RE SHIT FUCK HEAD

:lol:

Missing my point. There's plenty of DM bands that had great vocal approach,lyrics, and understandable vocals/lyrics that added to the music,vibe, and atmosphere. Necrophobic-the nocturnal silence is a good example. Plenty of DM bands that were musically and lyrically good/interesting for being DM.

Darker Subject matter is more when a listener can understand what the fuck a band is talking about/saying. That's kinda what the fuck am saying, but if no one understands am not going on about this all day.

for fuck sakes.

Go listen to your RE RE RE RO RO RE RE SHIT FUCK HEAD

Your a fucking ignorant troll. I love the older death metal bands, like Morbid Angel, Dismember, Nihilist, Adramalech, Demilich, etc. Bloodbath simply isn't good.

And for that matter, other then Severed Survival, Autopsy is terribly boring.