Controversial opinions on metal

:lol:

I listen to Paramore occasionally because the wife likes them. The handful of songs I like that they have all use the standard rock/pop chords/progressions. They are "likable" for a reason. Corporate formula. Paramore executes well.

We need to make an official declaration of what kinds of non-metal are the most metal. It goes without saying that nu-metal and metalcore are among the least metal, and that Wagner and Celtic folk music are among the most metal, but what about in between? Is Paramore more or less metal than REM, for example? And what about contemporary R&B? I think TLC is probably more metal than Rihanna, but I might be wrong on that.

:lol:

This is a good Slipknot song:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta laugh at the lameness of the anti-Slipknot trolls. Here's a great example of a superb song off their second album, pure killer stuff:

Though after their second album, they lost their way somewhat.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok rant to american fags,what the hell is in the water over there? I've met very few that seem to have any 'taste' whatsoever.If this forum is to survive it's gotta do better that constant nile and shithouse brooootal/slam recs....comme on guys if you are metl than you will support obscure2/underground and let us know otherwise it's a waste of time for me.Many comrades have lesft already lets pull together and try not to be gay.you have a voice you not sheep all thebest for the next week.

ok rant to american fags,what the hell is in the water over there? I've met very few that seem to have any 'taste' whatsoever.If this forum is to survive it's gotta do better that constant nile and shithouse brooootal/slam recs....comme on guys if you are metl than you will support obscure2/underground and let us know otherwise it's a waste of time for me.Many comrades have lesft already lets pull together and try not to be gay.you have a voice you not sheep all thebest for the next week.

Yawn

Heh any more I buy pretty much every Nwn full length that comes out on cd. (And admittedly sell the ones that don't stick) The vinyls only if I really like them.

TBH UM really isn't any worse than any of the other big metal forums. I've been on the SMNnews forums and holy fuck that place is littered with retards. Nuclear War Now forums certainly has more talk about new and important metal, but most of the people there are complete fucktards with wacko tastes.

Out of curiosity, Mort, while I totally agree with you that the other genres you listen to should not affect your credibility when discussing metal, I wonder if you actually think Paramore, etc. is actually good pop music? Or if it's purely a mood-inducing thing that affects you personally.

I'd like to say that it does certainly affect his credibility when discussing non-metal. If someone comes along saying, "I'm getting burnt out on metal, can anyone recommend me some new music?", my advice would be, "Don't listen to whatever Mort suggests."

Man if my other tastes effected my "cred" with metal, I'd be pretty well fucked. I listen to random shit all over the place.