Controversial opinions on metal

I actually prefer Likferd to 1184. Resurrection of the Wild, Despot, and On the Mountain of Goats are excellent. Todeswalzer is definitely also great though.

Nope, this is:

Although I have to admit it's been such a long time that I'm feeling a nostalgic tinge. But it's still flowery as fuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on comments Ive read over the years, I believe this is a "controversial opinion on metal":

Floor Jansen, who's voice rules, is simply hard to look at. She (he?) is a beast....just terribly unattractive. The bottom line is that she's too f*ing tall, and it's nearly impossible for a tall woman to be attractive, IMO. (On the flip side, ask your female friends how attractive they find 5'2" men to be.) While the other singers in NW have been far from perfect (Annette's face is putrid), you at least knew (assumed) that they were women. Floor, on the other hand, casts doubt. But I better shut-the-f*ck- up......if she sees these words, she might snap me like a twig.

Abomintions of Desolation & Altars of Madness are their best, Covenant is cool too, keep the rest.

Don't give an ounce of shit about Deicide but I won't pretend like I didn't used to love their first two albums back in the day.

Don't care about your talk of ugly/hot female singers, I care whether they sound good, but I don't even know who the fuck you're talking about so...
Also, hardly controversial to judge women in music based on their looks (that sounded real feminist of me but it' true) so you fall short in that regard I think.

Your opinion about listenable Death Metal bands is just sad, but at least it actually IS controversial.

That's my 2 cents.

On a side note, I'm considering buying the latest Opeth record since they've developed into a somewhat traditional Progressive band, I'm not a fan or anything of them as a whole, but I'm intrigued.

Anybody wanna weigh in?

Get rid of the last three useless songs and Formulas Fatal to the Flesh is easily one of Morbid Angel's best. Trey's writing is insane and adventurous, and probably exactly what death metal needed from one of the genre's stalwarts in 1998. Nothing is Not, Chambers of Dis, Covenant of Death and Invocation of the Continual One are some of the finest songs in their discography.

a few others:

- the first two Deicide albums are crap (as are ALL of their albums)
- the first two Morbid Angel albums are crap (and terribly over-rated)
- the number of listenable death metal bands can be counted on two hands

Read it. Believe it. Accept it.

Nope.
Gay.
Dumb.

Wish I hadn't read it, don't believe it, and I can't accept what isn't true. Sorry bud.