Controversial opinions on metal

Articles about Bill Ward keep cropping up on Blabbermouth.net, and whilst the situation is unfortunate, I can't help keep being reminded of that film Office Space where the timid guy is gradually being pushed into obsolescence ... a solitary voice that those above him no longer want to hear, and all we're left with is him moaning like he's trying to make everyone feel pity for him.

I'm glad it isn't controversial. The worst part was when Ozzy publicly stated that he doubted that Bill would even be able to remember the songs, as if he himself isn't a washed-up burnout who has been using teleprompters for years to perform live.

Cynic's Traced in Air is better than Focus. The synth vocals on Focus are annoying, especially on Veil of Maya they say it too damn many times.

And Cynic may have invented it, but in my opinion they weren't as good as the other jazz death metal bands.

I disagree on both points tbh. The few good riffs on Traced in Air sound recycled from Focus to begin with, and some of the mellow whiny shit is intolerable. And I'd put Focus way ahead of Spheres, and as an equal of Elements.

Focus is one of my favorite albums, but I have not listened to it in awile. I did not care for the reformed stuff.

Cynic is overrated garbage and verrrrrry low on the list of metal I want to listen to.

I hate Cynic and I think the vocals in their music are dumb and bad.

This basically sums up my thoughts on Focus. I used to have an old At Death's Door comp when I was sixteen that had a demo version of Uriboric Forms on it. That was pretty cool iirc.

Focus was always hard for me to take seriously. Atheist did the "fusion" thing better with Unquestionable Presence.