Controversial opinions on metal

Not an opinion on metal and probably not even controversial, I know, but...System of a Down has got to be the worst band of all time.

maybe not the worst but horrible indeed. i'd rank Kid Rock and Limp Bizkit above them in terms of being awful.

Yeah, disliking "ST" is completely douchebag faggotness. :rolleyes:

It's totally not gay for a 40+ yr old guy in a basketball jersey and a bandana to rap rock. Especially when at least 50% of his vocals consisted of him repeating "S-T!".

"S-T!!!!!"

Yeah, what am I thinking? Totally awesome.

You speak about that which you do not understand. Personally I am only familiar with The self titled and Join the Army, and they are legendary to me based only on those. The man is an older version of what he was, and Suicidal is legendary. You don't have to get it, and I understand going against the grain, but have some sense.

The post punk/shoegaze influenced stuff of the musician Neige. I like Amesouers, I think that first EP is really good, but Alcest is complete crap. I don't know how controversial that is, it seems like people really love and really hate both in pretty equal amounts. But Alcest is just junk. It's only controversial because it seems like the people who do like it totally swear by it. I haven't heard the Amesouers album but that might be crap too, if there's not a great balance between the harsh vocals and the female vocals like on the EP.

You speak about that which you do not understand. Personally I am only familiar with The self titled and Join the Army, and they are legendary to me based only on those. The man is an older version of what he was, and Suicidal is legendary. You don't have to get it, and I understand going against the grain, but have some sense.

I admit not knowing anything about "old ST", but I did just see them firsthand, and "current ST" is a laughably bad, Muir has been watching too many hiphop music videos or something or he was always like this.
They may be legendary for their old punk work, but I can't stand 99% of punk either so...

Wrong. While I've only heard about half of their discography, I can safely say that Gradually Melted and Path of the Weakening are fucking excellent, emphasis on the latter album mentioned.

Wrong. While I've only heard about half of their discography, I can safely say that Gradually Melted and Path of the Weakening are fucking excellent, emphasis on the latter album mentioned.

Their early stuff [Trading Pieces and Inbreeding the Anthropophagi] is decent. So is the latest album. Everything in between is dullsville.