Controversial opinions on metal

I'll take "Sacrilegious Terror" over anything until "Sola Fide".

And I originally said "least of their works," as I love all their material. I'm just pointing out what strikes me less.

On a similar topic:

Casus Luciferi>Rabid Death's Curse

EDIT: Seriously, I can't agree with you Zeph... But I agree that it's all good. I'll take anything from DSO over 85% of most black metal.

How sweet of you! However, you should give it another spin for yourself, not me. :oops:

What I meant by that was that I respect your opinion enough to consider the possibility that your opinion now is more in line with my current tastes than my opinion at the time of my last listen to the album (several years ago).

As for BM vids, I disagree. Black metal videos should just be the music playing over utter blackness.

Schwärzung;8350863 said:
+1

Opinion time:
Cradle of Filth are awesome.

They really are, and seeing as you're a Melbournian, I'm assuming you saw them a few weeks back as well... They kicked arse, had a couple of sound problems, but were awesome none the less. Fuck yeah Cradle!!

This will probably be controversial, but on a first listen, the new Dream Theater sounds like a definite improvement, if for no other reason the singing got turned down some.

Sometimes I wished they would release Dream Theater albums sans guitar, bass and vocals. Maybe then I would actually spend some time to sit down and listen to their music

People that like Dream Theater are gay. There's nothing more gay than a band of musicians striving to be Queensryche.... sure they might be metal as fuck, but they're still Gay.