Controversial opinions on metal

^Is that supposed to be trolling?

People who think Gorguts' first two albums are better than their last two are complete faggots who should be forced to listen to Obscura on repeat until they think differently.

Yea, well, I started getting more into rock, and while it would be erroneous to apply rock standards to metal, I can't help but do just that. I need some groove and some hooks, or something pleasantly droning without major deviations from flow. Maybe I am getting old.:p

Can't fault you on that. Trying to get through Wolves in the Throne Room for example is like pulling teeth. Yet I like Weakling a lot and can listen to the entire "Dead as Dreams" album without wandering at all.

Metalcore actually has talented and dedicated artists. :OMG:

Being "trve" is overrated. :Smug:

Most Technical Death/Progressive/Whatever genre Metal is boring... :oops: Although when it's interesting, as in has captivating melodies as opposed to constant police siren shredding and trash cans falling down the stairs drumming, it's REALLY fucken interesting. :headbang:

Cynic is NOT TECHNICAL DEATH METAL.

"Faggot" and "gay" don't make you look cool, just a homophobic dick. :erk:

"Faggot" and "gay" don't make you look cool, just a homophobic dick. :erk:

This is only true if you cannot pick up on the context in which those words are being used. Most people on this forum, when saying "fagggot" mean the same thing as "douche", "Jerk", "asshole", "dumbass", etc. The same rules of context apply to the word gay, which means that the subject being described as "gay" is being descibed as weak, lousy, and of low quality. I don't know of anyone here who is a true homophobe. The idea that using the words "faggot" and "gay" make you homophobic by proxy is P.C. bulshit. I know gay people that I actually use the words "Faggot" and "gay" in front of, and they don't get offended, because they understand the cocnept of context.

Can't fault you on that. Trying to get through Wolves in the Throne Room for example is like pulling teeth. Yet I like Weakling a lot and can listen to the entire "Dead as Dreams" album without wandering at all.

That's because weakling is lengendary (similar to why demilich/lykathea aflame is), Wolves is drawn out experimental black metal boredom.

Do like me and remove all signatures from the "user cp". The forum is much more readable without having all these huge pictures all over it.

Yeah, but I like or at least don't mind most, just as long as they aren't taking up my whole screen.

Although, now that I think about it, when I was first around I had a huge ass Dimebag sig.

Yea, well, I started getting more into rock, and while it would be erroneous to apply rock standards to metal, I can't help but do just that. I need some groove and some hooks, or something pleasantly droning without major deviations from flow. Maybe I am getting old.:p

Are you listening to Nickelback or something? Not all rock is based out of catchiness and hooks.

Some good black metal is pretty catchy though the atmospheric kind is of course godly. Some random tracks like Beherit - "All In Satan" or Katharsis - "So Nail the Hearts" come to mind.