Controversial opinions on metal

He seems to have typed the plural form of album, but he also seems to have intended to exclude some album(s); thus, I would say he means The Mantle and Ashes Against The Grain.

Agalloch have 3 full lengths so let's keep that in mind. Also, album means full length so that excludes The White EP and The Gray EP.

Ashes is not new by any means so, basically, you shouldn't have said "newer albums" because, in this context, that's meaningless.

It's been a while since I last listened to Old Man's Child's debut album Born of the Flickering. Such a fantastic album, very well-written and easily Galder's finest work. The production is just perfect! I've always thought this album was criminally underrated and overlooked.
R-1103974-1192293384.jpeg

I like this thread...

Tom Englund over emotes in his singing & it makes a lot of his vocals sound comical.

George Kollias isnt as good as his reputation would have you believe

Necrophagist's riffs are all quite samey.

Despite being in a band with large grindcore influences, grindcore all sounds the same to me... :cry:

Jonas Renske is as shit a bass player as the bassist from Bullet for my Valentine (who if you dont know is really really shit)

how in the world does Pig Destroyer sound the same as Nasum or Brutal Truth? they are so difference as far as grind goes. maybe you just have no clue about grind.

I mean, dont get me wrong. I like Mumakil a lot. But if I put on a Mumakil album, it all blends together into one thing. I couldnt talk to you about it in terms of song titles & riffs. Same for most grind.